First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is seeking to employ a BC/BE Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist to cover admissions for the inpatient program in our behavioral health facility. This will include children, adolescents and adults.
The psychiatrist will also cover consults on the medical floors at Sarasota Memorial Hospital in rotation with the other psychiatrists in the group. There is also an opportunity to cover consults at our new SMH-Venice Hospital, which is a 110-bed acute-care facility that opened in November 2021. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who would like to join a stable and established psychiatry group with well-trained physicians who have been with the practice for many years.
The behavioral health hospital is approximately 60 beds with 13 of them allocated for children/adolescents, but we are excited to announce that we will be opening a new 82 bed state-of-the-art Behavioral Health Pavilion in 2023. It will have 4 units to include:
- A team environment with a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care
- 80% single person patient rooms
- 16-bed Geriatric Unit
- 22 bed Child/Adolescent Unit
- 24 bed Adult Unit
- 20 bed Acute Unit
- Sensory rooms and quite area on each unit
- Advance technology to optimize patient and staff experience
- Outdoor gardens for patients & clients
- Staff retreat area with self-serve café and garden area
Outpatient Program will include:
- Adult Partial Hospital Program
- Adult & Youth Intensive Outpatient Programs
- Outpatient counseling
- Limited psychiatric services to assist with medication management
- Community Mental Health Education and Wellness programs.
- ECT and TMS
- Research opportunities
Highlights of the Opportunity:
- Monday through Friday normal business hours seeing approximately 12 encounters per day.
- Weekend and after-hours call is shared by all psychiatrists in a 1:7 rotation.
- Patient mix is currently 55% adults, 27% geriatrics and 18% child/adolescent but will change with the opening of the new hospital.
- Fully implemented EHR (Sunrise Clinical Manager-Allscripts)
- Comprehensive & low-cost benefits – Health, Dental, Vision, 403B Retirement Plan, Life Insurance, Disability and much more.
- Physicians are generously rewarded with a wRVU productivity model
- Relocation assistance and other perks are offered with a contract.
- Physicians employed by FPG have sovereign immunity.
- We are a Nonprofit 501(c)(3). Physicians can participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program if employed by the group.
First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is one of the gulf coasts foremost primary and specialty care groups. With over 380 employed Physicians & APPs in 54 practice locations throughout Manatee and Sarasota Counties, it is backed by the tradition and strength of Sarasota Memorial Hospital. We are located in the highly desirable area of Sarasota, FL, which is on the West Coast of Florida and close to some of the most beautiful beaches in the country – Siesta Key, Lido Key and Longboat Key. The community is known for its excellent public and private schools and an impressive array of restaurants and activities for all ages to enjoy. Check out [Register to View] to learn more about our organization.