This north Florida Medical Center, located in Gainesville, Florida, in conjunction with the University of Central Florida College of Medicine (UCF COM), is seeking to add an outpatient psychiatrist to their dynamic and established Behavioral Health team.
The UCF COM/HCA GME Consortium Psychiatry residency program is accredited for 32 residents and seeks teaching faculty to practice in an outpatient setting. Teaching physicians will receive faculty appointments and collaborate with other UCF COM faculty. The main UCF COM campus offers state-of-the-art medical education and research facilities and is located in Lake Nona Medical City, near Orlando.
The incoming physician would work in an outpatient setting Monday through Friday form 8 am – 5 pm. Teaching and supervision time of residents would be 1 day per week with a maximum of 4:1 resident to attending ratio. No call.
This an employed position with a competitive compensation package including salary, benefits and malpractice.
The Behavioral Health Center offers inpatient treatment for adults 18 and older who are experiencing acute illnesses that require 24-hour medical care. We are a Certified Baker Act Receiving Facility that also accepts voluntary patients and direct admissions. Our newly expanded 33-bed unit includes the following –
• Activity areas, group areas and dining areas that emphasize patient safety and well-being and offer open spaces conducive to a therapeutic community
• Treatment that is tailored to each patient with length of stay varying according to treatment needs
• Therapeutic, well-structured daily schedules that encourage patients to develop skills and strategies to reach goals
• Aftercare planning led by trained clinical staff to ensure each patient has an appropriate follow-up plan before leaving our facility
An intensive outpatient program, which is expanding to include partial hospitalization
• ECT Suites for those patients needed inpatient treatment while undergoing ECT
North Florida Regional Medical Center, located in Gainesville, Florida, is just a short drive from the coast as well as many of Central Florida’s premier attractions, like Disney. Gainesville is home to the University of Florida Gators but it is much more than just a sports town. Gainesville offers a lively downtown area, intriguing museums and countless events and outdoor activities. The community continues to receive national recognition as a top-rated city from places like [Register to View] or Forbes. Join a community where you can work and play!
For more information, please contact [Register to View]