This west Georgia Health System is seeking a Board Eligible/Board Certified Non-invasive Cardiologist to join the Cardiology practice employed by hospital Medical Group. The group consists of 3 Interventional Cardiologists, 1 EP specialist, and 3 invasive cardiologists. Office is based out of the flagship hospital with the option of rotating at another location. Call will be shared with the group at 1:5. Enjoy and excellent salary with bonus and an exceptional benefits plan.
- Six general cardiologist with only 5 covering general cardiology call.
- Weekend call starts Friday morning to Monday morning with 24 hours round the clock coverage
- Week call picks up Monday morning to Friday morning with 24 hours round the clock coverage
- Holiday call coverage is fairly split where the same physician doesn’t get same holiday assigned year after year. Shared very fairly with prior years calendars used for reference.
- Call coverage includes rounding in the flagship hospital and satellite facility.
- The hospital supports rounding with 2 APPs covering day time hours helping with admits, discharges and inpatient visits based upon volume
- APP hours vary usually ranging from 8:00 am to 5:30 - 6:00 pm. We are working to set these hours for 8 to 9 hours per day. Frequently APP cover 10 to 12 hour days.
- Hospital APP staff cover stress/ECHO testing.
- Currently weekend physician coverage covers stress/ECHO until the hospital hires a 3rd APP for stress/ECHO for APP weekend call coverage removing this procedure from the physicians.
Please note that general cardiology physicians if certified to read PET Scans rotate the reading of PET scans. General cardiology also reads unassigned patients’ stress and ECHO reports. These notations include interventional cardiologist who are not considered in the general cardiology call rotation as the three interventional cardiologist cover cath lab and IC call on a separate independent call schedule not included in this e-mail. Our electrophysiologist is included in the general call schedule.
West Georgia is a thriving, progressive community—home to a vibrant arts scene with plentiful art galleries and festivals, a regional university and other post-secondary schools, excellent public and private schools and a strong local economy.
The area offers a wealth of cultural, recreational and tourist attractions to suit any taste. From theatre to arts and crafts, golf to tennis, John Tanner State Park to Macintosh Reserve, you'll find it all here. Diverse activities include community theater, community chorus, community band, children's theatre, art exhibitions, a storytelling festival, violin classes, arts and crafts attractions and special musical performances.
For more information, please [Register to View]