Essen Health Care is currently seeking a Cardiologist for our office Divisions
- We Offer Competitive Salary
- Malpractice, Health Insurance, Dental, Optical, life insurance
- Generous PTO
- Pretax dollars transit and parking
- Paid Medical Malpractice
The selected candidate(s) will be responsible for continuum quality routine patient care and rehabilitation to our patients. Essen Health Care specializes in providing quality care in our community.
Your responsibilities would include, but not limited to the following:
- Consulting with patients to understand their symptoms and health concerns.
- Prescribing tests, treatments, and/or surgery, when necessary.
- Maintaining detailed notes of appointments with patients, including comments, tests and/or treatments prescribed, and test results.
- Performing tests, when needed, to check the health of patients' hearts and/or cardiovascular systems.
- Interpreting test results to determine how effectively the heart and/or cardiovascular system is functioning.
- Prescribing medication to treat heart and/or cardiovascular disease.
- Providing support and advice to patients receiving long-term care.
- Training and providing educational support to junior staff, when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, physical sciences, or a related field.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree.
- 2 to 5 years’ internship and clinical residency training, specializing in cardiology.
- Certification by The American Board of Internal Medicine in cardiology and/or a sub specialty, such as cardiovascular disease, or interventional cardiology.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Outstanding hand-eye coordination.
- Wonderful bedside manner.
- Excellent communicator who can empathize with patients.
Essen Health Care is a growing community healthcare network provides high quality, compassionate, and accessible medical care to some of the most vulnerable and under-served residents of New York State. Guided by a ‘population health’ model of care, Essen has five integrated clinical divisions offering services in primary & specialty offices, urgent care centers, and nursing homes, as well as house calls for home bound patients; all clinical services are also offered via telehealth. Our Care Management division supports patient-centered care through care coordination, complex care management and helping address health-related social needs.
Founded in 1999, Essen provides care in all five boroughs of New York City, with a primary focus in the Bronx. Staffed by over 300 primary and specialty care physicians and advanced clinicians, Essen Health Care is one of the largest, most comprehensive private medical groups in New York City. Essen maintains a Clinical Information Services team that maintains our enterprise-wide electronic medical record system, data repository, clinical analytics and population health capabilities. Our Community Services teams creates and sustains relationship with community organizations and agencies and health plans.
Essen is dedicated to ensuring the quality of care for all patients and has been designated ‘Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home’ by the National Committee for Quality Assurance. Essen has won awards for its patient care innovations and recently launched Intention Health Ventures to develop and commercialize our technology innovations.
ESSEN HEALTH CARE IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Essen Health care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically diverse population.