Provision of anesthetic care in the non-operating room locations has become an increasing part of daily anesthetic practice within the past decade. The patients presenting to the interventional radiology suites, cardiac catheterization laboratories, and endoscopy and bronchoscopy suites have increasing comorbidities and are undergoing increasingly complex procedures
Given the complexity of care cross these many areas, as well as common quality and safety concerns, the department is recruiting a Director of Non-operating Room Anesthesiology to work closely with the Medical Directors of the other anesthesia departments of other hospitals part of NYP, i.e. Lower Manhattan, as well as with the Vice Chair of Clinical Services and Vice Chair of Quality and Patient Safety to improve care in non-operating room anesthetizing locations.
Specific responsibilities of the Director of Non-operating Room Anesthesiology include:
- Alignment of stakeholders across disciplines from Interventional Radiology, Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, Cardiology, as well as other specialties that may require anesthesiology services outside of the operating room
- Serve as liaison between the Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine and specialties that require Anesthesiology services outside of the operating room
- Communicate any clinical or scheduling issues related to the Non-Operating Room Anesthesiology locations to the appropriate medical director
- Develop quality and safety protocols in the non-operating room locations in conjunction with the Vice Chair of Quality and Patient Safety
- Review adverse events or other quality or safety-related issues at the request of the Vice Chair of Quality and Patient Safety
- Conduct research and quality improvement projects to improve care in non-operating room anesthetizing locations
- Collaborate on research or quality improvement projects with interventional radiology, cardiology, gastroenterology, and pulmonology
- Develop an educational curriculum for residents rotating through their off-site rotation in conjunction with the Residency Program Director
- Promote equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Foster an environment promoting research and academic inquiry
- Work with the chair, VC of perioperative medicine, and the digital health laboratory to create quality, safety, and efficacy dashboards for patients undergoing anesthesia and procedural sedation outside of the operating room.
Director of NORA Division should demonstrate:
- Excellent working relationships with proceduralists
- Effective leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive relationship with colleagues, trainees, and operating room team
- Clinical and didactic teaching skills
- Commitment to team building and faculty career development
- Commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Ability to build bridges and function as a team player
- Interest in data analysis and interpretation
- Willingness to work with other departments and leverage team strength
- Ability to define visions, see potentials and opportunities, and execute them
- Recognition of personal and team wellbeing issues and priorities
In order to be considered, the candidate must be Board Certified in Anesthesiology, have experience in an ASC setting and have or be able to obtain a New York State Medical License.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please send your updated CV to Recruiting Manager, John C. Pinto at [Register to View] or call [Register to View] for more information.
Montefiore ([Register to View] ) is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.