The Hospitals of Providence opened its new Transmountain Campus in El Paso, Texas on January 17, 2017.
The 106-bed teaching hospital is a collaboration between Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso and The Hospitals of Providence.
The facility is designed to serve the healthcare needs of El Paso and Southern New Mexico, while also providing a world-class training facility for up to 100 medical residents across a multi-year program.
Extended Job Title
Instructor or Higher (Internal Medicine)
Contributes to the university’s mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit.
Up to 25%
- Provides consultations and clinical services in outpatient and inpatient settings
- Maintains all applicable licenses, controlled substance registrations, board certifications, hospital privileges and third party payer enrollments in good standing
- Supervises residents and participates in teaching activities for medical students and/or residents
- Participates in research and/or scholarly activities
- Participates in committees and other administrative duties as assigned
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA and billing regulations
- Adheres to institutional and departmental policies and procedures
- Demonstrates professionalism in accordance with the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine's Declaration of Faculty Professional Responsibility
- Board certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Experience and demonstrated interest in teaching students and residents
- Regional or emerging national reputation for the rank of Associate Professor or Higher
- M.D. / D.O.
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited residency program in Internal Medicine
- Licensed or eligible for an unrestricted medical license in the State of Texas
Minimum Hire Rate
Competitive base compensation
*Excellent benefits package that includes vacation, CME, and retirement contribution
About El Paso
El Paso has been ranked one of the “50 Safest Metro Cities in America 2017’ by the SafeWise Report. Nestled between the Franklin Mountains and the Rio Grande, city residents enjoy:
- 300 + days of sunshine a year
- Historic/cultural sites
- Biking, casinos, golf courses, shopping, fine dining, theatre, minor league baseball/soccer games
- International airport centrally located
- Affordable cost of living
- Area well known for the top ranked public and private schools
Experience the personally rewarding practice of medicine, in a city that is reborn.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.