"New Program" Seeking Rheumatology Physician
The Hospitals of Providence opened its new Transmountain Campus in El Paso, Texas on January 17, 2017.
The 106-bed teaching hospital is a collaboration between Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso and The Hospitals of Providence.
The facility is designed to serve the healthcare needs of El Paso and Southern New Mexico, while also providing a world-class training facility for up to 100 medical residents across a multi-year program.
The successful candidate in this position will be employed by TTUHSC El Paso at an academic rank commensurate with qualifications, and will be a key participant in the process of establishing the residency program. The candidate will provide inpatient and outpatient care, assists in curriculum delivery, supervise residents and provide teaching experiences for medical students from the school of medicine.
The position requires:
- M.D. / D.O.
- Licensed in Texas or eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in the State of Texas
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited Rheumatology Fellowship Program
- Experience and/or demonstrated interest in teaching medical students and residents
About El Paso
El Paso has been ranked one of the “50 Safest Metro Cities in America 2017’ by the SafeWise Report. Nestled between the Franklin Mountains and the Rio Grande, city residents enjoy:
- 300 + days of sunshine a year
- Historic/cultural sites
- Biking, casinos, golf courses, shopping, fine dining, theatre, minor league baseball/soccer games
- International airport centrally located
- Affordable cost of living
- Area well known for the top ranked public and private schools
Experience the personally rewarding practice of medicine, in a city that is reborn.