- Evaluation and treatment of illnesses and injuries while functioning as an advocate for both the patient/employee and the employer
Provide the following services to employees, their spouses and dependents age two years and older.
- Urgent care for minor, non-work related illnesses and injuries
- Limited primary care for chronic stable medical conditions
- Preventive care programs (i.e. screening for hypertension, diabetes and high cholesterol)
- Adult immunizations and influenza immunizations for children
- Occupational health injury evaluation and treatment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Participate in, support, develop and help motivate others to participate in wellness programs
- Ability to conduct physical exams and interpret exam results required for regulatory and policy compliance, e.g., physical abilities testing
- Assist with pre-employment and employee drug screens.
- Discuss patient care with the supervising/collaborative physician, the patient’s primary care physician (where applicable) and other care-givers as appropriate.
- Compliance with CDC guidelines for vaccine storage, handling, and administration.
- Initial evaluation and stabilization of patients who present with illnesses or injuries that require a higher level of care or EMS transport.
- Complete and timely documentation of clinical care in the electronic medical record in compliance with Medcor’s documentation standards.
- Prompt, predictable attendance
- Provide basic CPR training and refresher training (does not need to certify individuals)
- Strict adherence to HIPAA regulations, ability to appropriately handle sensitive/personal medical information
- Able to respond to emergency/crisis situations in a calm and thoughtful manner
- Participates in fire drills/exercises, and assist in disaster evacuation planning as needed
- Meets routinely with client Human Resources and/or Environmental Safety and Health (ES&H) teams to inform them of the needs or concerns of various work units
Benefits: We offer a great benefit package for full-time associates including: paid time off, immediate health and dental coverage, life and accident insurance, short and long term disability, 401k with company match and CME/professional expense. Malpractice coverage is provided at no cost to you. Bonus opportunities and relocation assistance are available.
Minimum Education and Certification requirements:
Three years of relevant clinical experience preferred but not required. Primary care, urgent care or emergency department experience desired.
Ability to be flexible with schedule during the week and work some Saturday hours.
Licensure in the State California
National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) Certification
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
The following represent some, but not all, of the specific clinical skills that are required:
Intramuscular, intravenous and subcutaneous medication administration
Phlebotomy, including finger sticks
Performance and interpretation of basic point-of-care tests
Intravenous catheter insertion and fluid administration
Splinting of minor orthopedic injuries
Laceration repair, including suturing and the use of skin adhesives
Incision and drainage of superficial abscesses
Trephination of subungal hematomas
Management of cardiac arrest