Incredible Trauma Surgery Opportunity Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Surgery New Surgery Chair, New Direction, Exciting Things Best Small City in America
Are you ready to make a life changing decision?
The Department of Surgery at the University of Missouri-Columbia is seeking a faculty surgeon to serve to join their surgery team. Dr. Stephen Barnes who was the Division Chief of Trauma at MU Health as well as lead the Covid-19 response team for the entire MU Health system, has recently been named the Chair of Surgery. He is looking to build out his team with amazing talent and take the Surgery Department at MU Health in a different direction and to new heights. If you like to work with a chairperson who has incredible energy, impeccable leadership skills, and you never have to guess where he stands on any issue, this is an opportunity you will want to consider. Dr. Barnes is truly building a winning team and he is looking for some incredible talent to round out his new department.
The qualified candidate must have completed a residency training in an accredited surgery training program and be board-certified or board-eligible with American boards. Candidates must have excellent clinical skills and a strong interest and accomplished record in research, academics, and innovation.
Applications from minorities and women are encouraged.
- 8% Matching Retirement Fund
- Total employee + employer contribution at max match 8% + 8%=16%
- Moving Allowance
- 1 week of holidays
- Health insurance for physician and family
- Reduction in tuition cost for your children who attend MU
Your Money Goes Much Further in Mid-Missouri
Missouri offers low state taxes, vibrant communities, and award-winning state parks, among other advantages. UM System campuses are in cities that offer a lower cost of living than many other metropolitan areas--meaning you can pay less for day-to-day expenses and entertainment.
- 66% less than New York, NY (Manhattan)
- 59% less than San Francisco, CA
- 46% less than Los Angeles, CA
- 39% less than Chicago, IL
- 27% less than Denver, CO
- 21% less than Atlanta, GA
- 15% less than Dallas, TX
Columbia, MO is a fantastic place to raise a family, start a new career or simply settle down and enjoy the finer things in life. Whether you are single or ready to start a family this city has it all. Columbia has gained national acclaim as one of the best places for … well, nearly everything! Take a moment and see what this well-kept secret has to offer! If these facts, don’t convince you that Columbia, MO is one of the best places to live, I doubt if anything will.
- Ranked as high as 2nd by Money Magazine – Best Places to Live In The US
- Thriving economy built on education, medicine, technology and insurance
- 20% population increase over the past 10 years and still growing strong
- Immediate access to multiple NFL, MLB and NCAA sporting events
- Forbes – 13th Smartest City in America
- Forbes – 8th Best College Sports Town in America
- Forbes – 8th Best Place for Business and Careers
- Parade Magazine – America’s Hardest Working Town
- Under30CEO – 2nd Best City for Young Entrepreneurs
- 8th Best City for College Students – American Institute for Economic Research
- Midway between St. Louis and Kansas City
- Lower crime rate
- Lower unemployment rate – 3% and dropping
- Lower cost of living – 5% below the national average
- Lower commute times for work
- Fantastic public school
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact me or send your CV. If this job doesn't perfectly match your practice preferences, please let me know exactly what you're looking for. I am representing other Surgery opportunities within this organization.
I’ll answer all of your questions so you can decide if this job is right for you.