- Exceptional opportunity for BC/BE Trauma Surgeon.
- Hospital employed Acute Care Surgery Group of 7 surgeons that provide 24/7 trauma and emergency coverage.
- Schedule is 24hr in-house call approximately 5days a month including weekend rotation.
- This group also functions as intensivists for the surgical patients.
- About one fourth of the surgical practice is elective, based on patients referred from the community and seen in the emergency room.
- 7 physician assistants who are also in-house 24/7 and assist in the OR and ICU are members of the group as well.
- Candidates must be BC/BE in general surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- Excellent support staff.
- Competitive Hospital benefits package and salary.
- Educational loan reimbursement.
- J1 invited to inquire.
Community: LIVLEY METRO CITY- HOME OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MAINE -- a highly rated small city. The city hosts a joint venture UMaine/Bangor Art museum and the Children’s Discovery Museum. The Bangor Symphony Orchestra is the oldest professional community symphony in the United States. The Penobscot Theatre Company is a professional well supported arts venue. The Collins Center for the Arts on the campus of the University of Maine offers a 1200 seat theater with entertainment from Opera and Broadway Musicals to Jazz. Bangor International Airport hosts Delta/Northwest, US Airways, and Allegiant Airlines. These airlines fly regional jets to NYC, Philadelphia, Detroit and Orlando. The airport is modern, with never a parking issue or long lines. This area of Maine offers the best of New England's lifestyle. There are a myriad of locally owned restaurants, cafes and pubs, charming in-town shops. It is an easy I-95 four hour drive to Boston, 2 hours to Sugarloaf USA skiing, and an hour to Penobscot Bay sailing and Bar Harbor/Acadia National Park.
Galen Roberts - Search Consultant
Health Search New England / Division of Jordan Search Consultants