This job is archived
Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a New Hampshire Trauma Medical Review Committee (TMRC) designated Level II trauma center. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only level II trauma center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. It serves the residents of Maine, Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
Hospital website: [Register to View]
- 209-bed Acute Care Facility
- Level II ACS verified trauma center
- 12hr primary in-house coverage, plus 12hr secondary call from home with 30 min response (rarely called in)
- Robust regional referral opportunities
- Busy Emergency General Surgery component
- 14-bed ICU (and growing) *excellent support
- Services include Orthopedics, Interventional Radiology, Neurosurgery, Hybrid OR, Cardiac Surgery & more.
- Approximately 1,000 trauma admissions per year (higher volumes in the summer) Mainly blunt traumas with 3% penetrating
Trauma Medical Director Criteria:
- Board Certified Surgery with Trauma/Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Required
- ATLS Required
- Leadership experience preferred
- Monthly Director Stipend
- Permanent positions with equitable scheduling model and unique work/rest model
- Paid Malpractice and no attributed overhead expenses
- Employment model with full benefits; including, health and 401K with employer match
- $5,000 CME Allowance
- Competitive Income Potential
- Comprehensive back-end support services including recruitment, credentialing, renewals, billing, follow-up clinic support and more
- City of Portsmouth: [Register to View] ;
- Featured on Travel Channel: [Register to View]
- NO STATE INCOME TAX
- Settled in 1623, Portsmouth New Hampshire claims to be the nation's third-oldest city, and it served as a focal point of ship building and commerce on the Eastern seaboard until the late 1800s.
- With a population of roughly 20,000 people, Portsmouth is large enough to provide a tremendous amount of experiences and activities but small enough that one never feels like they are living in an urban setting.