PSYCHIATRY DEPARTMENT PRACTICE SPECIFICS
- Our ideal candidate would be looking for an outpatient, behavioral health, clinic practice.
- Join a group of 8 adult (soon to be 10) and 4 child and adolescent psychiatrists as part of a Behavioral Health Care Team. Other members of the team include; doctoral level psychologists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, psychotherapists, RN’s and clinical assistants. The Behavioral Health Division provides a spectrum of care for children and adults, including inpatient psychiatric care, consult-liaison and emergency psychiatry, ECT procedures, intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization services, and an outpatient behavioral health clinic. The Division also includes Health Psychology doctorate and master’s level psychologists.
- The Behavioral Health Department provides a spectrum of care for children and adults, including inpatient psychiatric care, consult-liaison and emergency psychiatry, ECT and ketamine procedures, intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization services, and an outpatient behavioral health clinic.
- Additional outreach is provided by Integrated Behavioral Health providers and Telemedicine services to East regional clinics.
- Overnight and weekend call is shared by the physician pool
- Child/Adolescent inpatient unit has 16 beds; Adult in-patient unit has 37 beds.
- Our Amberwing facility provides Partial Hospitalization Programming, state-of-the art, mental health and substance abuse services for children, adolescents, and their families. In addition there is On Site Pediatric Occupational Therapy and a Birth to Kindergarten Program.
- NACHRI designated children’s hospital part of the Duluth medical campus
- Duluth, MN – Population approximately 90,000 with surrounding areas 200,000+
- 2 ½ hour drive to the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area
- Regional service area 460,000
COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
- Generous compensation and benefit package; including malpractice insurance and minimum 6 weeks’ vacation/CME time
- BC/BE in Psychiatry; Fellowship trained in Child and Adolescent