Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi, located in the Bronx, accommodates more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital is renowned for The [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University. Jacobi Medical Center is a modern, state-of-the-art, Level 1 Trauma Center located in an attractive and safe residential Bronx neighborhood just 20 minutes north of Manhattan. It is a North Bronx Healthcare Network hospital affiliated with North Central Bronx Hospital and a teaching site and academic affiliate of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. It offers a full continuum of Acute Care Inpatient and Outpatient Services in diverse Medical and Surgical Specialties, including Psychiatry.Responsibilities:
The Department of Psychiatry has 89 adult acute inpatient beds, a CPEP, a Consultation-Liaison Service, an Adult Ambulatory Practice, and a Community-Based Assertive Community Treatment Program. The department employs evidenced-based best practices in providing the highest quality care to its patients, in a patient-centered approach that is respectful of their individuality, culture, and community.
The inpatient service has an opening for a CL Staff Psychiatrist. The CL psychiatrist will have the responsibility for providing consultations referred by the medical, surgical, pediatric and obstetric services. He/she will report to the Chief of the Consultation-Liaison Service and Inpatient Director.
Responsibilities will include:
- Teaching and supervision of psychiatry residents, psychologists, psychology interns, medical students as well as significant teaching of residents from all other specialties. He/she will participate in ethics meetings, court hearings, and multidisciplinary rounds.
- Direct supervision of Psychologists, Social Workers, Psychiatric PA staff and Medical Students
- Participation in all activities related to clinical care and documentation of care, performance improvement, regulatory compliance, and student supervision, education & training
- Participate in our innovative integrative care activities
- Board certified in Adult Psychiatry (Or Board Eligible & within 5 years of completing residency training)
- Graduation from an ACGME or AOA approved medical school
- Completion of an approved psychiatry residency training program
- Eligible for NYS license and DEA
- Significant experience working in Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry
- Fellowship training in Psychosomatic Medicine
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination will be required
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
Annual Base Salary Range: $236,900 (board eligible) - $247,200 (board certified)
Please email your CV to Joe Mastov, Physician Recruiter, at [Register to View]