This statewide Georgia mental health facility is seeking a board certified/board eligible Adult Psychiatrist who will provide direct outpatient clinical care to individuals 21 years and older. These patients experience symptoms of mental illness, addiction, co-occurring disorders, or developmental disabilities.
Day to day duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide psychiatric initial evaluation, ongoing assessments, and/or crisis assessments
- Provide patient education on diagnosis, medication, monitoring response to treatment and side effects of medication, informed consent, treatment adherence, and other individualized topics
- Graduate from a medical school recognized by AND an active Physician license granted by the Georgia composite state board of medical examiners AND certification in one of the following specialties: General Psychiatry
- At least 2 years of post-licensure psychiatric experience working with adults in a mental health setting.
- Ability and willingness to also provide services to our child and adolescent and substance abuse populations is highly desirable.
This facility is one of Georgia’s largest and most comprehensive provider of community-based mental health, chemical dependency and developmental disability treatment and supports. Mental health and addiction services include: outpatient psychiatry; individual, group, and family counseling; intensive outpatient/day services; residential short-term stabilization for detox or psychiatric crises; two extended residential addiction treatment sites; and other housing and supported employment for clients.
Locations: Primary locations are in Bibb County Georgia (Macon); secondary location in Baldwin County Georgia (Milledgeville).
Macon, home to musical legends the Allman Brothers Band, Little Richard, and Otis Redding offers many art and cultural activities for those with a love for Art, History and Science. Located in central Georgia, Macon offers the atmosphere of a small town with all of the amenities found in a larger city. Great restaurants, ample school opportunities to choose from and many desirable neighborhoods make Macon one of the great locations to live in the south. Ideally located in the center of the state, Macon is within a one-hour drive to Atlanta, ninety minutes from the North Georgia Mountains and a three-hour drive to beaches.
For more Information, please contact [Register to View]