This job is archived
U.S. Army Psychiatrist – Full Time Position
The U.S. Army Medical Department needs you!
Do you want more from your career? Have you dreamed of using your skills outside of traditional environments? Use your skills as a Psychiatrist to heal our Nation’s Defenders in the Army (full-time). When you serve as an Officer and Psychiatrist and Army Officer on the U.S. Army health care team, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself into a special culture and environment in which your diagnoses and treatments will support the readiness of our military's efforts and improve the lives of Soldiers and their families. As part of our collaborative and multi-disciplinary health care team, you will enter a comprehensive international system of care with no concerns about overhead expenses and malpractice insurance. You will have opportunities to work in one of the most innovative healthcare systems in the industry and practice at world-class medical facilities that train future Army behavioral health leaders. Additionally, you will have the freedom to develop advanced skills. You will train to become a leader in your specialized field while enjoying the privileges that come with being an Army Officer.
Are you currently in Residency? If you are, there are benefits available for you right now! Through the Financial Assistance Program, you may be eligible to receive a monthly stipend of over $2,300 and an annual grant up to $45,000. After completing your residency, you will then transition into the Army as an Active Duty Officer.
Active Duty (Full-Time) Incentives Include:
- Sign-on Bonus: $275,000 signing (accession) bonus plus $43,000 incentive pay annually. These incentive pays are in addition to Officer basic pay, housing allowance, and food stipend.
- Student Loan Repayment: Receive $120,000 in student loan repayment in $40,000 annual payments to qualifying federal student loans paid directly to the lending institution through the Active Duty Health Professions Loan Repayment Program (ADHPLRP).
- Location: Compete for over 40 locations stateside and several more overseas including Hawaii, Alaska, Italy, Germany, and Korea.
- Vacation/Time Off: 30 days paid vacation annually plus over 20 days for federal holidays.
- Practice True Medicine: No malpractice insurance premiums, no overhead costs, no dealing with insurance companies, and no productivity goals.
- Insurance: No-cost healthcare and dental insurance for you. Low-cost healthcare and dental insurance for your family.
- Retirement Planning: Competitive Flexible retirement plan with up to 4% matching contributions.
- Travel opportunities, to include humanitarian missions.
- Housing allowance and food stipend providing a comfortable life for you and your family.
- Resources for your family: Child education programs if you prefer to live on military installations, family assistance programs to include spouse career assistance, access to USOs around the country, and more!