The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine at East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine is seeking a BE/BC Adult Psychiatrist. The successful candidate will serve as a full time faculty psychiatrist, and will provide clinical services, predominantly via telepsychiatry, to patients presenting in the emergency departments of hospitals affiliated with the North Carolina Statewide Telepsychiatry Program (NC-STeP). NC-STeP continues to grow and includes 71 hospitals across the state of NC. The psychiatrist will spend most of his/her time providing direct clinical service. New graduates and visa candidates are encouraged to apply. The successful applicant will be required to live and work in Greenville, NC.
- Employment by East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine
- Will assist with monitoring and improving NC-STeP outcomes; integrating with community based providers; and implementing evidenced based practices.
- The position emphasizes a leadership role and an active engagement in clinical, educational, and scholarly activities.
- Experience in providing telepsychiatry services and in emergency psychiatry
- Requirements include MD or equivalent degree from an appropriately accredited institution, Completion of accredited residency training, and Qualified for board certification in psychiatry. Must be eligible for medical licensure in the State of North Carolina
- Will report directly to the Medical Director of the Center
- Requirement to live and work in Greenville, NC at the Brody School of Medicine’s Psychiatry outpatient clinic
- Salary and academic rank (tenure track or fixed term) commensurate with experience and academic background
The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University
The Brody School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close faculty-student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Programs are consistent with the medical school’s dual mission of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities to minority and disadvantaged students
ECU Health Medical Center
ECU Health Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for ECU Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, ECU Health Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
ECU Health Physicians
ECU Health Physicians, the employed provider group of ECU Health, is comprised of over 1,100 physicians and advanced practice providers across more than 130 locations in eastern North Carolina. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
ECU Health Physicians includes an academic practice model (ECU employment) and a community practice model (health system employment). There is shared leadership and shared services to support the overall group and to ensure alignment for clinical care, research, education and strategy.
This innovative structure creates opportunities within ECU Health Physicians ranging from acute to ambulatory, academic practice to community practice, regional to rural, and everything in between.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
CME Days & Reimbursement
Malpractice (with tail)
Vidant Health is becoming ECU Health!
While our name change is official, the rebranding process will take several months to complete. Please note that during this transition period, you may see both brands represented in various places – online, in job postings, in the communication you receive, etc.