At National Staffing Solutions, we have the privilege and honor of working with dedicated healthcare employees that make a positive impact in aiding those needing healthcare services across the U.S. every day. It is our passion, drive and integrity that enables us to continue our focus in this endeavor and now we’re asking you to consider joining us in our efforts.
We’re seeking a Psychiatrist for a Full-Time opportunity working in a correctional facility in Ione, CA.
Ione is nestled in the beautiful oak covered foothills in the Gold Country. Residents and visitors to Ione enjoy the gentle climate, pastoral setting with oak trees and farmlands, and the family oriented atmosphere of this medium sized town. Ione is located 35 minutes from Sacramento.
Psychiatrist Opportunity Details:
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- Anticipated start date: ASAP upon hiring and credentialing
- Salary: $200/hour
- Anticipated duration of contract: 6 months
- Anticipated schedule: Monday – Friday (Will also consider 4 10-hour shifts)
- Anticipated Hours: 8am – 4pm (5 8’s) OR 7am – 5pm (4 10’s)
- Gain valuable professional experience and help make a difference in the lives of troubled individuals
- Ongoing dedicated recruiter support and customer service
- Conduct initial mental health evaluations including criminal, psychiatric, and substance abuse case history to assess inmate’s/ward’s current needs and make treatment recommendations in the initial evaluation.
- Conduct clinically sound suicide risk evaluations including clinical reviews, applying suicide risk assessment protocols, pertinent data/chart reviews, proper documentation and consultations as needed.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Treatment Team (IDTT) meetings.
- Document all care provided to the patient-inmate/ward, including face-to-face contacts and IDTT meetings.
- Monitor inmate/ward progress using Subjective, Objective, Assessment, Plan and Education (SOAPE) formatted progress notes.
- Identify the relevant signs and symptoms of medical/psychological disorders in order to comprehensively diagnose, assess and manage the presenting symptomatology.
- Examine prior mental health records, institutional chromos, probation reports, court records and other available documents to assist in the formulation of patient’s diagnosis and aid in the development of the inmate’s/ward’s treatment plans.
- Prescribe medication as deemed appropriate for treatment and utilize the CDCR Correctional Formulary or obtain non-formulary approval
- Administer psychiatric treatment with assistance, as necessary, from other health care providers.
- Give input and help to implement new programs for the treatment, training or rehabilitation of patient-inmates/youths as directed by the CEO/CMH, Chief Psychiatrist, Senior Psychiatrist or designee.
- Minimum of twelve continuous months of experience within the last three years performing services similar in scope to those defined herin, in a public or private institution (internship does not count towards the required experience).
- Current Independent Licensure in State of Practice.
- Preferred experience in CDCR/CCHCS
- Active DEA
**Other CA locations available**
Submit your resume to us today for consideration and one of our dedicated recruiters will be in touch within 24 business hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.