Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Roanoke Chowan Hospital in Ahoskie, NC are seeking a BC/BE Psychiatrist to join their growing psychiatric program. New grads, J1Visa, and H1B candidates may apply.
Job Highlights Include:
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group, a physician led group employing over 500 providers in over 100 practice sites
- Full time position, mix of inpatient, outpatient tele-psychiatry opportunities
- 22-bed adult psychiatric unit (Northside) & 8-bed geriatric psychiatry unit (Stepping Stones)
- Full patient panel is 10 adult or 8 geriatric patients, with medical service for initial physical and daily rounding
- Call 1:5 - weekends include I/P rounds, ED Triage/consults
- Must live within 45-60 min of hospital or stay in town for call duty
- Opportunities exist for moonlighting
- Close proximity to NC and VA beaches and a variety of outdoor activities
- Check out our excellent work / life balance video –[Register to View]
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package to include:Annual Administrative Stipend, Relocation, Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice (with tail), 401k matching program/ 457b, Medical, Dental & Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
Vidant Medical Group
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs more than 550providers in more than 100 locations, offering primary and specialty care. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Vidant Roanoke-Chowan Hospital
Vidant Roanoke-Chowan Hospital is a 114-bed community hospital located in Ahoskie. Serving four nearby counties, the hospital’s 15-bed emergency department serves approximately 21,000 patients per year. This modern facility provides a wide range of health services, including medical, surgical and radiation oncology. In addition, Vidant Roanoke-Chowan’s Wound Healing and Pain Management centers serve as referral centers for neighboring Vidant hospitals and providers. [Register to View]
Known as a trading center of northeastern North Carolina, Ahoskie offers a variety of professional options and affordable lifestyles. In addition to Vidant Roanoke-Chowan Hospital, it includes the East Carolina University School of Dental Medicine satellite clinic, a federally qualified health center and. community college. Chowan University is just a few miles away. Friendly neighborhoods conveniently near the hospital, vast country acreage and waterfront home sites are just a few lifestyle options. Ahoskie is located less than 100 miles from the Outer Banks, one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country. It features:
- A desirable climate with mild winters and four distinct seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Outstanding recreation nearby including golf courses, community theater, water sports, hunting, camping, fishing, community and state parks
- General aviation airport nearby; one hour to major airports in Norfolk and Greenville
- Vidant Wellness Center – Ahoskie, a 21,000-foot facility which includes a lap pool, an exercise studio and the latest in cardiovascular and strength training equipment
- Recreation Center which includes little league baseball, lighted athletic fields and picnic area
North Carolina has many draws to include vast state parks, professional sports teams (NBA, NFL and NHL), pristine beaches, high ranking public colleges/universities and diverse arts and cultural offerings - making the area an attractive location to live, practice medicine and vacation. [Register to View] .