Jacobi Medical Center, the largest public hospital in the Bronx (500+ beds) and a Level 1 Trauma Center, is a major academic affiliate and teaching site of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Recognized as the regional hyperbaric center and regional snakebite center for the tri-state area, Jacobi offers state of the art medical care, delivered with compassion, dignity, and respect. From preventive medicine to cutting-edge specialty services, Jacobi provides first class care in a wide range of services and specialties. As well as a free-standing Department, Behavioral Healthcare Services is widely integrated within the Hospital as a whole.
We are currently accepting applications for a CPEP Child Psychiatrist.
Our Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP) is a state of the art emergency psychiatry service. The CPEP provides a spectrum of multidisciplinary services designed to meet the needs of our diverse clientele in the most effective and least restrictive manner possible. Our 11,000 square-foot modern service includes separate pediatric and adult waiting areas, patient interview rooms, a patient holding area, and six extended observation beds. The Jacobi CPEP has approximately 700 registrations per month, of which over 200 are children. We also have an embedded Mobile Crisis Team that makes up to 75 visits per month.
The successful candidate will not only provide safe, comprehensive clinical care, but will have the opportunity to lead our robust Child Crisis Team, based in our CPEP. They will also have an opportunity to develop and oversee the clinical and administrative activities of a Child Telepsychiatry Service.
Responsibilities will include:
- Directly and indirectly supervising psychiatrists and psychiatric PA staff with Child cases
- Participating in the management of complex cases in an administrative and consultative role
- Maintaining a good working relationship with services both within and outside of the department of psychiatry to ensure high-quality care for patients who present to the CPEP
- Providing leadership in undergraduate medical education, including actively participating in the clinical and didactic teaching of medical students, PA Students, NP Students, and Addiction Fellows
- Working collaborately with the Medical and Pediatric Emergency Departments
- Eligible for medical licensure and DEA licensure in the state of New York
- ABPN certified in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Psychiatric ER or CPEP experience
- Administrative/leadership experience
You will receive:
- A very competitive salary
- An excellent benefits package
- An Academic Appointment at AECOM
- An Academic Appointment with Touro Physician Assistant College
- Opportunities for Departmental Representation via hospital committee work
- Opportunities for Leadership Education
- Opportunities for Research
Located in the beautiful Morris Park section of the Bronx, working at Jacobi Medical Center offers a wonderful lifestyle for everyone! Arthur Avenue, Botanical Gardens, City Island and NYC just minutes away! Convenient location near numerous public transportation options. Easy access from both Westchester County, Manhattan, Connecticut, Queens, Long Island, and New Jersey. Parking on campus is plentiful and economical.
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is comprised of over 3,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City. EOE M/F/D/V