Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
(Archived) Psychiatrist Behavioral Health in Connecticut
Community Health Services, Inc. is seeking an experienced Psychiatrist for our Behavioral Health Department. The Psychiatrist provides psychiatric services for CHS children and adult patients consistent with the cognitive, psychosocial, and physiological needs of clients.
The successful applicant will have:
• A valid State of Connecticut license as well as valid DEA and State of Connecticut narcotic registrations
• A deep knowledge of clinical theory and care along with the ability to provide treatment according to APA Practice Guidelines, as well as accepted agency standards and protocols
• Experience providing psychiatric assessment, evaluation, psychopharmacological follow-up, and monitoring of client’s treatment in collaboration with CHS-Behavioral Health Clinical Team
• Skill in prescribing and managing appropriate psychotropic medications
• Experience performing basic risk assessments and engaging in treatment planning
• Effective verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact professionally with an interdisciplinary care team, external clients, family members, agencies and other stakeholders.
• Skill in creating clear and concise clinical documentation
• A desire to be a continuous learner through ongoing professional development and training
• The ability to deliver high quality care in an efficient manner
• A high degree of engagement and empathy as well as embodying the highest ethical standard
• Experience and/or the ability to provide MAT for Opioid substitution and/or antagonist Therapy for patients with substance use disorders.
• A high level of comfort working in a collaborative environment, specifically working with other providers as part of a care team and providing individual professional consultation to staff for the purposes of in-servicing or education as necessary to provide increased level of service to patients.
• The cultural competency necessary to serve diverse client population.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain client confidentiality at all times and to follow agency, state and federal privacy laws, including HIPAA
Applicants who have at least 3-5 years' previous experience as a Psychiatrist treating clients with substance abuse disorders, who have previous experience providing MAT for Opioid substitution and/or antagonist Therapy for patients with substance use disorders, who are bilingual in English and Spanish and/or applicants with prior experience working with underserved populations are strongly preferred.
Come join our team!
Hartford, CT is nestled between two large metropolitan cities which leads to living and working opportunities unlike any other. For more information about all that the capitol city has to offer for you and your family, click here.
As a Federally Qualified Health Center, CHS provides care to the medically underserved population, which often translates into patients with...