- The ideal candidate would need to be willing to have their clinical work spread between several areas of service including inpatient psychiatry, outpatient services at our Medication Assisted Treatment Center and possible geriatric psychiatry in local nursing homes.
- Service area of 85,000.
- The hospital owned inpatient unit includes an 18-bed general unit and adjacent 6-bed psychiatric ICU, which is a state level unit that only accepts referrals through the state Department of Mental Health.
- Approximately 90% of admissions to the General unit are voluntary, whereas most admissions to the psychiatric ICU are involuntary.
- The inpatient team has been recognized by the State of Vermont for its exemplary work in leading the effort to reduce the incidence of seclusion and restraint.
- Goal of minimizing all forms of coercive treatment through implementation of national best practice models.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Signing bonus
- CME Allowance up to $6,000 annually
- Educational Loan Repayment
- Estimated annual time off is between 4 to 6 weeks
- Malpractice, Health, Dental, and Disability insurance provided
- Relocation expenses
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan, 403-B with hospital match, and tax-deferred earnings program
Life in the region is centered around a wonderful community of people, united in enjoying and preserving the Vermont lifestyle. This family-friendly area boasts an affordable cost of living, good schools, great skiing and a multitude of other year-round outdoor activities.
In addition to unlimited recreational opportunities, New England is one of the most historic and culturally rich regions in the United States. Here in the Green Mountain State of Vermont, our beautiful scenery, peaceful countryside and relaxed attitude make it an ideal place to call home.