Geisinger Health System – Scranton, PA
Geisinger Medical Center is central Pennsylvania’s only comprehensive stroke center, and Level I Trauma center. They are equipped to provide complex critical care for patients suffering from life-threatening injuries and complex psychiatric care. The psychiatry and behavioral health professionals offer support and services that can help you overcome mental health conditions or addiction. The system offers coordinated care and treatment, support from a team of case managers and social workers, including access to tele-medicine (outpatient) appointments. All clinicians provide services at the flagship facility in Danville and their sister facility in Bloomsburg (both facilities are 10 minutes apart).
- Total of 48-bed Inpatient adult units (28-beds at Danville and 20-beds at Bloomsburg)
- Single coverage daily
- 16 hours shifts daily (7AM - 11PM)
- Night call coverage supported by a team physician
- $350,000.00 Annually for Full-Time (40 hours per week) W-2 Employees
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Attractive 401K and Competitive Company Match
- Generous Annual Bonuses
- PTO and CME Accrual
- Scranton is a city in northeast Pennsylvania. It’s known for Steamtown National Historic Site, with century-old locomotives set on a former rail yard. In a restored 19th-century mill, the Electric City Trolley Museum has interactive exhibits and vintage trolleys. Nearby are the 4 Scranton Iron Furnaces, relics of an 1800s iron plant. McDade Park is home to Lackawanna Coal Mine, where a mine car descends to tunnels. Since the revitalization began, many coffee shops, restaurants, and bars have opened in the downtown, creating a vibrant night-life. The low cost of living, pedestrian-friendly downtown, and the construction of loft-style apartments in older, architecturally significant buildings have attracted young professionals and artists.