Pinemont medial is seeking Physiatrist/ directorship for our facility on northwest area of Houston, Texas. Outpatient rehabilitation clinic with flexible scheduling. The positon is a permanent one with the compensation of 300K- 400k and sign on bouns. There is no nights, weekends, or holidays.
• Monitor effectiveness of pain management interventions such as medication and spinal injections. Monitor patient progress or responses to treatments.
• Provide outpatient medical management of neuromuscular disorders, musculoskeletal trauma, acute and chronic pain, deformity or amputation, cardiac or pulmonary disease, or other disabling conditions.
• Treat chronic diseases or disorders.
• Examine patients to assess mobility, strength, communication, or cognition. Examine patients to assess general physical condition.
• Document examination results, treatment plans, and patients' outcomes. Record patient medical histories.
• Prescribe physical therapy to relax the muscles and improve strength. Prescribe treatments or therapies.
• Perform electro diagnosis including electromyography, nerve conduction studies, or somatosensory evoked potentials of neuromuscular disorders or damage. Test patient nervous system functioning.
• Prescribe therapy services, such as electrotherapy, ultrasonography, heat or cold therapy, hydrotherapy, debridement, short-wave or microwave diathermy, and infrared or ultraviolet radiation, to enhance rehabilitation. Prescribe treatments or therapies.
• Instruct interns and residents in the diagnosis and treatment of temporary or permanent physically disabling conditions.
• Conduct physical tests such as functional capacity evaluations to determine injured workers' capabilities to perform the physical demands of their jobs. Examine patients to assess general physical condition.
• Assess characteristics of patients' pain such as intensity, location, and duration using standardized clinical measures.
• Diagnose or treat performance-related conditions such as sports injuries or repetitive motion injuries. Diagnose medical conditions. Treat acute illnesses, infections, or injuries.
• Prescribe orthotic and prosthetic applications and adaptive equipment, such as wheelchairs, bracing, and communication devices, to maximize patient function and self-sufficiency. Prescribe assistive medical devices or related treatments
• Develop comprehensive plans for immediate and long-term rehabilitation including therapeutic exercise; speech and occupational therapy; counseling; cognitive retraining; patient, family or caregiver education; or community reintegration. Develop treatment plans that use non-medical therapies.
o MD or Do with Texas State Medical License
o Federal DEA Number
o DOT certification preferred but not required
o Full, unrestricted Texas Medical license
o Clean background/ Minimal to no malpractice history
o Demonstrated competence in medical and rehabilitative pain management
o Expertise in musculoskeletal and neuromuscular diagnosis and rehabilitation
o U.S. Citizen or valid Green Card