Cornell Scott-Hill Health Center is seeking a Pediatrician to join our growing team of providers. Cornell Scott-Hill Health Center pediatricians are dedicated to promoting health and wellness to the generations of children and families in our community.
The Pediatrician provides reasonable and prudent medical care, practices appropriate management, and uses sound clinical judgment based on best practice standards and evidence-based medicine. The Pediatrician provides medical services within the scope of their licensing, training, and credentialing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides reasonable and prudent medical/surgical care practices appropriate management and uses sound clinical judgment based on best practice standards and evidence-based medicine. Maintains confidentiality in regards to patients, staff, and program matters at all times
- Educates patients on preventive health care and chronic disease management or refers to appropriate resources or agencies
- Consults with other staff or specialists to make appropriate referrals for acute, chronic, and preventive health care
- Enters appropriate legible notations and documents encounters appropriately. Completes notes, forms, and coding in a timely manner
- Participates in trainings as required by the Department Chief
- Provides supervision of designated PA(s) and functions as a collaborating physician with designated APRN(s), FNP(s), and Nurse-Midwives.
- Participates in teaching at clinic/hospital for students, nurses, PA’s, and residents
- Performs Rounds on inpatients, manages patient care appropriately
- Collaborates with Department Chief in providing coverage for peers
- Meets all licensing, certification, and other requirements as set forth by the state, federal, professional, hospital, accrediting, and health payer entities
- Actively pursues continuing medical education opportunities to maintain one’s knowledge and skills
- Performs all other duties as required
As part of the Cornell Scott-Hill Health Center team, you will enjoy many outstanding benefits including:
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 401(k) with company match
- 5 days CME w/ Reimbursement
- Relocation Assistance
- Sign-on Bonus