The Division of Allergy/Immunology and Rheumatology at Children’s Hospital of Michigan is currently expanding and is actively seeking a Pediatric Rheumatologist to join their thriving program in Detroit. The Division sees patients up to 18 years of age with autoimmune or potential autoimmune diseases. Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis, Lupus, Dermatomyositis, periodic fever syndromes, Scleroderma, Bebcet’s disease and vasculitis, are among the conditions seen and treated.
- Full-time, employed opportunity with academic responsibilities
- 80% clinical time, 20% teaching, research, and administrative time – schedule can be modified depending on interests
- 5-6 clinics per week (each clinic is a 4-hour block)
- 10 days of Pediatric Rheumatology inpatient consult per month
- Call: Beeper call coverage and inpatient weekend consult is shared with one other Pediatric Rheumatologist and one Rheumatologic Nurse Practitioner. No in-house call
- Opportunities for academic collaboration within the division, department, and multi-center
- Infusion center is available for IVIG and monoclonal antibody treatment if needed
- Affiliation with Central Michigan University, Michigan State University, and Wayne State University School of Medicine for inter-institutional collaboration in teaching and research
About the Division:
The Division of Allergy/Immunology and Rheumatology at Children’s Hospital of Michigan currently has 6 faculty members and 2 fellows. One faculty member is certified by the Board of Pediatrics with additional certification in Pediatric Rheumatology. The rest of the faculty members have certification in Pediatric Allergy & Immunology.
The Division has a major role in teaching residents and fellows, and conducting multicenter collaborative clinical research. The Division is supported by on-site social workers, medical office assistants, RNs specialized in Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy, and an NP that has specialization in Pediatric Rheumatology.
The Pediatric Rheumatology clinic and multidisciplinary vasculitis clinic with Pediatric Nephrologists is located at the Children’s Hospital of Michigan’s Pediatric Specialty Center. There are three other off-site clinics around the Detroit metropolitan area that provides Pediatric Rheumatology outpatient services.
- MD or DO
- Board certification with the American Board of Pediatrics
- Fellowship training and board eligibility/certification in Pediatric Rheumatology
- Eligibility to obtain licensure in the state of Michigan
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit a copy of your current CV and cover letter addressed to Dr. Pavadee Powuttikul at Children’s Hospital of Michigan.
All inquiries and personal information are kept confidential.