Children’s Hospital of Michigan (CHM) is actively seeking an experienced Pediatric Intensivist for a full-time opportunity as the Division Chief of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine. The practice is located within Children’s Hospital of Michigan’s main campus in Detroit, MI.
Highlights of the Opportunity:
- The Division Chief is responsible for overseeing a division of 14 attending intensivists and 9 critical care medicine fellows
- Other responsibilities include clinical care, teaching, research, and mentoring junior faculty and fellows
- Opportunities for academic collaboration with Central Michigan University, Michigan State University, and Wayne State University
- Approximately 10-12 weeks of inpatient rounding in the Pediatric ICU and/or Cardiac ICU (typically done in 2-week blocks)
- Floor and Emergency Department consults as requested
- MD or DO
- Must be certified with the American Board of Pediatrics in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Experience in Cardiac Critical Care is highly preferred
- At least ten years of previous leadership experience
- Must be eligible to obtain licensure in the state of Michigan
About Our Division:
The PICU and CICU at Children’s Hospital of Michigan are housed in a state-of-the-art tower that was built in 2017. The ICUs have a total of 48 beds (12 of which are dedicated to cardiac intensive care) and 2,100 annual admissions. In addition to the 14 attendings and 9 fellows, the PICU and CICU are staffed by approximately 170 nurses and 24 respiratory therapists. The Intensivists also have access to over 30 pediatric sub-specialties at CHM.
The PICU/CICU has in-house 24/7 coverage by attending physicians. Calls includes in-house weeknight call and in-house 24-hour weekend call (Saturday or Sunday). Attendings supervise fellows and/or residents while on-call.
Critical Care fellows, Pediatric residents, and Emergency Medicine residents are assigned to clinical rotations in the PICU/CICU, and Cardiology fellows in the CICU. In addition to teaching and guiding the future generation of physicians, the division also has a major role in conducting multicenter collaborative clinical research.
About Children’s Hospital of Michigan:
Founded in 1886, Children’s Hospital of Michigan has existed for one reason and one reason alone – to improve the health and wellbeing of children by providing specialized care and expertise for all their unique healthcare needs. A proud member of the Detroit Medical Center (DMC), CHM is ranked one of the best pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Children’s Hospital of Michigan is also home to a freestanding Level I Pediatric Trauma Center (verified by the American College of Surgeons) as well as one of the nation’s few Pediatric Burn Centers (verified by the American Burn Association).
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit a copy of your current CV and contact information for immediate consideration.
All inquiries and personal information will be kept confidential.