Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
• Seeking a pediatric and congenital heart surgeon for appointment at the Assistant or Associate professor level.
• Surgeon will join the team of a well-established congenital heart center with over 35 years of success in the region.
• Clinical and academic efforts will be supported by 10 board certified pediatric cardiologists including specialists in electrophysiology, fetal, echocardiography, interventional catheterization, cardiac imaging, and adult congenital heart disease.
• Cardiac surgery is also supported by a team of pediatric critical care intensivists, including specialized pediatric cardiac intensivists.
• Additional supporting staff includes advanced nurse practitioners, dedicated pediatric perfusionists, pediatric cardiac anesthesiologists, and a dedicated CV surgical OR team.
• This program participates in both The Society of Thoracic Surgeons Congenital Heart Surgery Database and the World Database of Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery.
• This program is an institutional member of the Congenital Heart Surgeons Society.
• The surgical volume averages over 200 operations per year and maintains a greater than 98% overall survival rate.
• Currently the only Adult Congenital Heart Association accredited program in the state of Illinois.
• Must be ABTS board certified in Thoracic Surgery, completed an ABTS approved congenital heart surgery fellowship, and be board certified or eligible in Congenital Heart Surgery.
• Experience with ECMO is preferred.
• Academic appointment is with the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria.
• EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Children’s Hospital of Illinois
Children’s Hospital of Illinois is the primary pediatric teaching facility for the University Of Illinois College Of Medicine, a 144-bed state of the art facility that offers over 50 pediatric programs and services, including one of the largest pediatric surgery programs in Illinois. It is supported by a growing referral base of 140 CHOI Pediatric Sub-Specialists, 72 faculty members at the University of Illinois College of Medicine-Peoria, over 68 OSF Medical Group practice locations throughout Illinois and over 800 physicians on staff at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center. Children’s Hospital of Illinois is the only full service tertiary hospital for children and adults with congenital heart disease in downstate Illinois.
• Peoria, Illinois as a greater metro area population of over 350,000, offers a remarkably low cost of living with the big city comforts and attractions.
• Quality public and private pre-school to University educational options including, the University of Illinois College of Medicine, Bradley University and Illinois Central College.
• Peoria offers a vibrant downtown with a beautiful skyline, Illinois River front, cultural events and entertainment.
Mission Driven Culture
Our Mission is not just a statement for our providers – it’s a way of life. Everyone at OSF HealthCare is a Mission Partner, working to serve with the greatest care and love. Our Mission doesn’t just guide our interactions with patients; it drives every interaction we have with one another.
OSF HealthCare is an integrated health system owned a...