- Seeking a pediatric and congenital heart surgeon for appointment at the Assistant or Associate professor level.
- Surgeon will join the team of a well-established Congenital Heart Center with over 35 years of success in the region.
- Clinical and academic efforts will be supported by 10 board certified Pediatric Cardiologists including specialists in electrophysiology, fetal echocardiography, interventional catheterization, cardiac imaging, and adult congenital heart disease.
- Cardiac surgery program is supported by a team of pediatric critical care intensivists, including specialized pediatric cardiac intensivists providing 24/7 in-house PICU coverage. Additional supporting staff includes a team of advanced nurse practitioners, pediatric perfusionists, pediatric cardiac anesthesiologists, and a dedicated cardiac surgical OR team.
- This program participates in the STS Congenital Heart Surgery Database and the World Database of Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery as well as the ELSO registry. STS Congenital database outcomes are publicly reported.
- This program is an institutional member of the Congenital Heart Surgeons Society.
- The cardiac surgical volume averages over 200 total operations per year and maintains a greater than 97% overall discharge survival rate.
- Currently the only Adult Congenital Heart Association accredited ACHD program in the state of Illinois.
- Applicant should be ABTS board certified in Thoracic Surgery, completed an ABTS approved congenital heart surgery fellowship, and be ABTS board certified or eligible in Congenital Heart Surgery.
- Academic appointment is with the University of Illinois (UIC) College of Medicine at Peoria.
- EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Children’s Hospital of Illinois (CHOI) is a 144-bed state of the art facility opened in 2010 that serves as the primary pediatric teaching facility for the University Of Illinois College Of Medicine. CHOI offers over 50 pediatric specialty programs and services, including one of the largest pediatric surgery programs in Illinois. CHOI programs are supported by over 140 Pediatric Sub-Specialists, and 72 faculty members at the University of Illinois. CHOI serves as a primary pediatric referral center for over 68 OSF Medical Group practices throughout the state of Illinois. OSF Saint Francis Medical Center has over 600 beds and over 800 physicians on staff and serves as the largest and most advanced medical center in the region. The Congenital Heart Center at CHOI is the only full service tertiary care center for children and adults with congenital heart disease in downstate Illinois.The Community
Peoria, Illinois has a greater metro area population of over 350,000 and offers a remarkably low cost of living with many big city comforts and attractions. Located on the Illinois River, Peoria offers a vibrant downtown with a beautiful skyline, and hosts many cultural and entertainment events. It is home to Bradley University, Illinois Central College, and the University of Illinois College of Medicine.