**Orthopedic Surgery opening in West Virginia**
* Located in ***Beckley, WV*** - just 60 miles from Charleston, WV!
* Full-time, permanent opening
* Hospital employed position
* Seeking an Orthopedic Surgeon to join an established employed practice
* The practice will be conveniently located across the street from the hospital affording easy patient access to a variety of diagnostic ancillary services
* The growing demand for orthopedic services within the community is commonly associated with the aging population, recreational and sports-related accidents, and blunt force trauma from ATV and motor vehicular accidents
* **Exceptional opportunity to grow busy practice quickly performing total joints in addition to the bread and butter cases**
* Call coverage is 1:3
* An 18 million dollar OR renovation includes latest equipment and spacious rooms (8 OR's) with blocked time available
* The hospital is a full service acute care facility with all specialties offered with the exception of neurosurgery, transplant surgery and open-heart surgery
* There is a robust hospitalists program that has been in place for 8 years with 6 hospitalists
* One of the busiest level III trauma centers in the country with about 50,000 ED visits per year
* Expect a generous compensation package with full benefits that include health, dental, vision, LTD, STD, 401k, paid vacation, relocation, sign on bonus, with student loan assistance and medical education stipend considered
Beckley is only one hour from the capital city of Charleston and boasts a wide variety of dining options, outdoor activities and golf course community living typically found in larger cities. White water rafting, hiking, biking, rock climbing and national and state parks right in its backyard. Beckley is an ideal place to live with a low crime rate, great school systems and numerous entertainment options.
Beckley is located approximately 25 miles south of Fayetteville, WV; 50 miles west of Lewisburg, WV; 50 miles north of Bluefield, WV; and 55 miles southeast of Charleston, WV. Beckley-Raleigh County is the hub for retail facilities, financial resources and medical services for southern West Virginia, serving a market area of seven counties. Tamarack, the states premier showcase for fine arts, handcrafts and Appalachian cuisine, is located in Beckley. The Appalachian Festival is a four-day, citywide celebration that takes place during the third week of August each year. The Cliffside Amphitheater at Grandview has produced two of the worlds most captivating outdoor dramas for more than 40 years: Honey in the Rock, the nations oldest Civil War Drama, and the Hatfields and McCoys.
Wild, wonderful West Virginia is a paradise for the outdoor enthusiast. Thousands of tourists visit southern West Virginia each year to challenge the whitewater of the New, Gauley and Greenbrier Rivers. Twenty-two guide companies operate on the rivers. New River Gorge, the states most popular outdoor recreation destination, is located just minutes from Beckley. It features the New River Gorge Bridge, the worlds longest single arch steel span bridge and the second highest bridge in the United States. This part of West Virginia is a skiers wonderland. Winterplace Ski Resort, for example, features 27 trails. Rock climbing on the monolithic cliffs that line the edges of the New River Gorge is also popular. For golfers, there are 17 courses within an hours drive including three at the world-famous Greenbrier. Hunting is a way of life here: black bear, turkey, whitetail deer, squirrel, grouse, bobwhite, cottontail rabbit, mink, fisher, beaver, bobcat, woodchuck, weasel, and red and grey fox. You can also fish for trout, bass, bluegill, muskie, catfish and walleye. There are hundreds of wooded trails for the hiker, and one of the largest limestone regions in the east attracts caving enthusiasts from across the country.