Marshfield Medical Center - Dickinson is in growth mode and is seeking a BE/BC Orthopedic Surgeon to join our Robust Healthcare Team in Michigan’s central Upper Peninsula.
Accepting J1 visa waiver candidates.
- General Orthopedic practice (total joints required)
- Must be Board Eligible or Board Certified
- 20-25 Patients/day
- No weekend call/shared week day call
- Support from an experienced NP & PA
- 2 OR Days/week
- Excellent work/life balance
- Work with very collegial team!
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive 2 year guaranteed salary
- Lucrative bonus and/or stipend during training
- 4 weeks of vacation, 2 weeks CME
- $5,800 CME annual allowance
- Health, dental, life, disability, and occurrence-based malpractice insurance
- Generous Retirement Plan; 401(k) Plan; & 457(b) Plan
- Up to $20,000 relocation support
- 3 unique Cities (Iron Mountain, Norway, Kingsford)
- 27,472 People (Hospital catchment area is 50K+ people)
- 766 square miles of Land
- 6,400 acres of Lakes
- 645 miles of Rivers
- 0 hours of Traffic
MCHS strongly encourages our physicians to be involved in medical education and research to continue building our strong foundation of patient care, research and education for years to come.
Iron Mountain, Michigan
Iron Mountain, Michigan, located in the Central Upper Peninsula, bordering Northwestern Wisconsin, is tucked between endless fresh coast shorelines of Lake Michigan and Lake Superior. Iron Mountain has endless year-round outdoor recreational opportunities to choose from in a rural, not remote area with 6,400 acres of Lakes and 645 miles of rivers. Ford Airport in Kingsford is serviced by Delta Air Lines and has flights daily to Detroit, Michigan and Minneapolis, Minnesota, for easy access the rest of the world! If you prefer to drive, a 90-minute drive puts you in Green Bay, Wisconsin and a five-hour drive gets you to Chicago’s more urban lifestyle or the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area. Fun Fact: The Cornish Pump is the largest steam-driven pumping engine built in the USA and is housed in Iron Mountain!
Marshfield Clinic Health System physicians and staff are motivated by our mission to enrich lives. We serve more than 350,000 unique patients each year through accessible, high quality health care, research and education. With more than 1,600 providers in 170 medical specialties and subspecialties as well as over 13,000 employees in 65 clinical locations in 45 communities serving Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, Marshfield Clinic Health System is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care.
The Marshfield Promise
Motivated by our mission to enrich lives, we use common values to ensure those we serve feel supported in their healthcare journey and staff and providers are actively engaged with one another. Together through our actions, we promise to deliver compassionate, safe and expert care to everyone.
The Marshfield Promise is centered around 5 core values; Patient-Centered, Trust, Teamwork, Excellence and Affordability.