Hiring a Clinical Medical Director north of Seattle in Everett, Washington
The Site Medical Director has overall responsibility for the clinical patient care. He/she addresses clinical, programmatic, medical, and administrative issues at the site in collaboration with the Clinic Administrator. The Site Medical Director or designee actively participates in the Interdisciplinary Team and directs the medical care decisions.
Job Highlights at a glance:
- 60/40 Clinic to Admin
- Competitive Salary + Bonus negotiable + Full Benefits
- EMR: EPIC
- Open to 4 10s or 5 8s
- Prior experience in management or leadership role strongly preferred
- Start Date: ASAP
• Physician with an active unrestrictive WA license to practice medicine by the Medical Board of Washington and DEA License required.
• Prior experience in a leadership or management role strongly preferred.
• Previous experience with computer-based systems required; Electronic Medical records experience preferred.
• Education, training and experience necessary to meet the underwritten requirements for inclusion under Client's malpractice insurance coverage.
• Current CPR and First Aid certificate required.
• Supervise all medical services offered by the program and provides primary care.
• Reviews physician and mid-level professional staff performance on quality, patient experience and appropriate resource use at the site no less than monthly, and performs individual provider evaluations no less than annually.
• Orient all new physician and mid-level providers, and oversee coverage and call schedule.
• Oversees the management of participant’s medical situations, and oversees the participant’s use of medical specialists and inpatient care.
• Assist in data collection analysis and preparing reports regarding clinical service delivery.
• Provide active leadership in the committees to monitor quality of care, patient experience and appropriate resource use indicators and assist in the identification and implementation of appropriate interventions.
• Ensure that all committees are effectively accomplishing goals established in the QUM Program, and all activities are clearly documented within minutes and/or reports.
• Collaborates with Quality and Process Improvement and Corporate Medical Management Department to enhance quality of care delivery among all health professional services.
• Responsible for site coverage in clinic emergencies, and assists in the development of site clinical policies and protocols.
• Represent Client to external providers and organizations regarding patient management and clinical issues as appropriate.
• Assists in managing and monitoring the cost of hospitalization, specialty and ancillary services and identifies, implements and measures areas for improvement.
• Work with Site Physicians to develop coordinated process flows between hospitalist and Physician/Clinic Staff.
• Work with Site Physician to develop a collaborative process for working with facility discharge planning staff and contracted facilities.
• Work with Corporate Office Staff to develop system to prepare agendas and attachments for committee meetings, and to maintain accurate, signed, minutes for review.
• Ensure that chart audits are being conducted, identify problems and provide guidance for resolution. Work through QUMC to audit process and outcomes.
• Work to develop, implement and monitor clinical guidelines that are appropriate for the assigned population.
• Work with Site Physician to ensure that pharmaceutical care meets State requirements, and professionally recognized standards of practice.
• Ensure that effective drug reviews and pharmacy policies are implemented.
• Ensure that peer review is performed regularly for hospital based providers and clinic based ancillaries.
• Ensure that contracted pharmaceutical consultant services are provided timely, reports are adequate, appropriate and that there is follow-up.
• Assist in the development and implementation of the Corrective Action Plans for periodic audits by outside agencies.
• Performs other related duties as assigned, including participation in the recruitment of providers