Job Description & Requirements
Family Medicine Associate Program Director - in New York
StartDate: ASAP Pay Rate: $250000.00 - 250000.00
The Department of Academics at Merritt Hawkins is honored to work with the Department of Family Medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical University to present an opportunity as Associate Residency Program Director.
This is a rare opportunity to partner with a well-regarded and major medical university on the development of a brand-new residency program. SUNY Upstate already provides residencies in every other major specialty, as well as multiple fellowships. They have a respected medical school with over 2,000 faculty members and close to 700 medical students. With leadership that is committed to making primary care a focus of the institution, it is imperative that they develop a world-class family medicine residency. The goal of this residency will be to train strong community physicians that are passionate about academics and innovation. SUNY Upstate has a plan to start this residency in 2019 with a first class of six residents.
We are seeking a leader within academic medicine to help create the identity of this new program. The successful candidate will work closely with the Residency Program Director, and have experience in a family medicine residency. We are seeking an innovative family medicine physician with experience in OB who is excited about an opportunity to create and build a program from the ground up.
Syracuse, New York
Low Cost of Living / Fantastic Outdoor Adventures
Thriving University City
All inquiries and referrals will remain confidential. SUNY Upstate Medical University is an EEO/AA Employer and candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Job BenefitsAbout the Company
- Throughout the area are waterfront homes, undeveloped acreage for custom built estates and established homes within the city limits; all available for very reasonable prices
- Home to the Syracuse Orange and the only domed stadium in the Northeast provides an excellent venue for NCAA Division I football and basketball
- Four full seasons—there are ample outdoor recreational options at our numerous nearby county and state parks
- Downhill and cross-country skiing, ice skating, swimming, boating and hiking opportunities are all within a 30-minute drive of the medical center in the nearby Finger Lakes and the Adirondack Mountains
- Cultural attractions such as museums, theatre, symphony, jazz fests, and the New York State Fair
- Nationally ranked education—multiple “Top 100” public educational systems in the United States
- Easy drive to Boston, New York City, Montreal, Toronto, and Pennsylvania—Syracuse affords quick access to large metropolitan venues
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Obstetrician, Obstetrics, Obstetrics, Ob, Pregnancy, Newborn, Maternity, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md, FPOB, family-practice-medicine, family practice, family medicine