Humana’s Primary Care Organization is one of the largest and fastest growing value-based care, senior-focused primary care providers in the country, operating over 175 centers across eight states under two brands: CenterWell & Conviva. Operating as a payor-agnostic, wholly owned subsidiary of Humana, our centers put the unique needs of seniors at the center of everything we do. Our Clinics offer a team-based care model where our physicians lead a multi-disciplinary care team supporting patient’s physical, emotional, and social wellness.
At CenterWell Senior Primary Care, we want to help those in the communities we serve, including our associates, lead their best lives. We support our associates in becoming happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We promote lifelong well-being by giving our associate fresh perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their careers. Our culture is focused on teamwork and providing a positive and welcoming environment for all.
The Associate Medical Director has similar job duties as a Physician, namely focusing on outpatient medicine, continuity of care, health maintenance, and disease prevention. The Associate Medical Director serves as a health-care professional and capable of handling a variety of health-related problems.
The Associate Medical Director will spend 20% of their time clinically focused on direct patient care, with the remaining time dedicated to administrative duties related to oversight of clinical provision of care in their area.
- Requires a solid understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across multiple clinics/centers.
- Supervise/mange assigned clinicians designated to market.
- Decisions are typically related to identifying and resolving complex technical and operational problems within clinics/centers.
- Clinician’s PTO management in collaboration with Center administrator, including holiday schedules and as determined by the organization.
- Management of CME time and reimbursement requests.
- Service recovery reports (Patient complaints).
- Guidance to individual clinicians about patient terminations, in collaboration with compliance.
- Manage behavioral concerns pertaining to assigned clinicians.
- Provide support to on site clinicians with logjams and workflow issues.
- Oversight of provider quality and development of workflows to help close gaps in quality.
- Schedule at least one half day at clinic site for onsite visit per week.
- Support clinicians with schedule templates, coverage, daily issues.
- Assist with panel management.
- Oversight of quality of assigned team members.
- Meet with Regional CAs and other AMD at least monthly.
- May be assigned to organizational committees as needed, to attend and represent the clinical perspective of the market.
- Assist in Ongoing Chart Review monitoring.
- Assist with recruitment and interviewing as requested.
- In collaboration with RMD, complete performance reviews as required.
- Participate as backup on call.
- Assist in organizing team building activities.
- Maintain regular clinic hours for a percentage of FTE as determined with Regional Medical Director, as detailed on the clinical job description.
- Serve as a community representative for CenterWell in media and press activities
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine
- Board Eligible or Board certified in Geriatric Medicine, Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- American Board of Physician Specialties (ABPS) is also recognized by our organization
- Valid, unrestricted license in the state of desired employment
- Experience leading clinical practice operations
- Demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal relationships and communications with colleagues/patients
- Willingness and ability to learn/adapt to practice in a value based care setting
- Basic computer skills, including email and EMR
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of our Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Active and unrestricted DEA license
- Medicare Provider Number
- Medicaid Provider Number
- Minimum of three to five years directly applicable experience preferred
- Experience managing Medicare Advantage panel of patients with understanding of Best Practice in coordinated care environment in a value based relationship environment.
- Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and coverage.
- Knowledge of HEDIS quality indicators
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Guaranteed base salary + quarterly bonus
- Excellent benefit package – health insurance effective on your first day of employment
- CME Allowance/Time
- Occurrence Malpractice Insurance
- Relocation and sign-on bonus options
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Minimal call