Internal Medicine Career Opportunity - Norton, VA (Endless Outdoor Recreation - Short Drive to Ashville, NC)
Mountain States Medical Group, a division of BalladHealth, is seeking a qualified, broad certified/board eligible Internal Medicine physician to join Community Physicians of Norton. The practice, which is located on the campus of Norton Community Hospital, is a 129 bed facility and one of 21 BalladHealth hospitals. Norton Community supports a wide range of health care services including surgery, OB/GYN, pulmonary and critical care, rehabilitation services and much more. Our hospital is recognized for its outstanding inpatient rehabilitation services, a black lung clinic and high-quality imaging technology. In 2016, NCH completed the $13.1 million HealthPlex expansion, a new 39,000-square foot facility that includes a FitOne Wellness Center, Pharmacy – offering a drive-thru services, OccuMed Health Center, Primary Care offices, Orthopedics, Community Home Care, outpatient rehab and cardiac/pulmonary rehab services.
- Join a well established, growing Internal Medicine practice with a reputation for excellence
- Provide hands-on experience by working with a nationally ranked Internal Medicine Residency Program and attendings to help train tomorrow's physicians
- Service area includes a population of 75,000 to 100,000 in Southwest Virginia and Southeast Kentucky
- Beautiful location
- Small town living
- Easy light traffic commute to larger cities
- Moderately sized airport within a short drive
- Safe, family friendly community
- Excellent public and private schools
- Low cost of living
- Mild weather and 4 distinch seasons
- An abundance of outdoor activities (golfing, fishing, camping, biking, hiking, kayaking and more)
- Within an hours drive of the Tri-Cities (Bristol, Kingsport and Johnson City) and just over two hours to Asheville, North Carolina and the Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee areas.
Outdoor recreation is plentiful. Located adjacent to the majestic Jefferson National Forest, Norton is a progressive community in Southwest Virginia that still embraces traditional values. The City of Norton is an independent city located in the “arrowhead portion” of Virginia approximately 20 miles from the Kentucky state line and 45 miles from the Tennessee state line. Centrally located at the intersection of U.S. 23 and Highway 58A, the city has for many years served the region as a commercial hub to parts of southwest Virginia and eastern Kentucky.
As the largest healthcare facility in the coalfield region, Norton Community Hospital provides a wide array of services through highly trained physicians and support staff.
Thank you for your consideration. Please let me know if you have an interest in this location/opportunity and I'll facilitate getting you additional information.
PPR Search Consultant [Register to View]
[Register to View]