Established health system is seeking a skilled Geriatrician in Western Kentucky.
- Health system-employed with integrated Epic electronic medical records system in hospitals and clinics
- Competitive two-year guaranteed base salary, annual incentive bonus, sign-on bonus, and in-house, healthcare-specialized marketing team
- Six weeks of vacation (includes one week for CME)
- Modern flagship hospital that opened in 2013, licensed for 477 beds, with health system-employed hospitalist group and leading-edge equipment; Health system covers a 15-county area with a population draw of over 400,000
- Funded liability insurance/malpractice/tail coverage, multiple retirement plans, full health/medical benefits, $4,500 CME annually and more.
- Private physicians lounge open 24/7 with complimentary food and beverages
- On-site workout area for employees in the hospital, plus complimentary family membership to health system-owned accredited medical-based fitness facility
- Family Medicine Residency; teaching opportunities will be available
The city is Kentucky’s fourth-largest city, nestled on a scenic bend of the Ohio River in western Kentucky. It is the culinary and cultural hub of western Kentucky, with a wide variety of wonderfully delicious, locally owned restaurants and a thriving arts community. It hosts more than 20 annual festivals, including the world-famous International Bar-B-Q Festival, ROMP bluegrass music festival, Big O Music Fest and the Western Kentucky Botanical Garden Daylily Festival.
Owensboro was designated as the Sports Illustrated 50th Anniversary Sportstown for the state of Kentucky for its sports and recreation options. Owensboro offers outstanding facilities and complexes capable of hosting youth and adult tournaments for baseball, softball, soccer, tennis, hockey and more, and individual options include ice skating, disc golf, hiking and trail biking.