The Medical Director will lead a team of five physicians and four advanced practitioners. The practice enjoys access to a tumor boards program, grand rounds, and treats a wide range of cancers including ample access to high quality surgical services; from breast to thoracic to hepatobiliary/pancreatic care.
Join a leader in the New York Capital Region for Cancer Care. We are Accredited as a Comprehensive, Community-based Cancer Care Program by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer® (since 1985).
• Hospital Employed Position;
• Clinic office conveniently located on hospital campus;
• Competitive base salaries are only one part of the equation: our physicians also have opportunities to earn additional dollars in quality and productivity incentives;
• Robust Referral Network;
• Call Rotation 1:5;
• Strong Advanced Practitioner support in both the inpatient and outpatient setting;
• Large Modern Hospital Facility.
Compensation & Benefits:
• Competitive base salary guarantee, with move to incentives after initial term
• Excellent benefits; including health/vision/dental insurances
• Paid malpractice, including post employment tail coverage
• CME time & expense allowance
• Paid time away from practice
• Two-part retirement savings program with employer matching program
• Relocation assistance is available
Discover an excellent work/life balance in NY’s Capital District- a medium sized area offering all the amenities of a larger urban area in a beautiful, scenic, and affordable setting. A stable economic setting; we have a strong and expanding presence in healthcare of every type, in higher education, and enjoy a unique position as the capital of the Empire State. The Capital District includes the cities of Albany, Schenectady, and Troy- and the surrounding area includes Clifton Park and Saratoga Springs. The region has excellent year-round outdoor recreation available, including excellent golf, water-sports of all kinds, camping, hiking, and great skiing. It offers a wealth of cultural offerings and activities, including several renowned museums (the Albany Institute of History and Art, The NY State Museum), theaters
(Proctor’s, The Palace) fine dining, and a year-round events calendar full with music and sporting events (The Times Union Center & Saratoga Performing Arts Center.) Excellent public and private schools are available, as are affordable homes and reasonable taxes. Higher education opportunities abound in our region with nearly 30 colleges and universities in the region and we are part of NY’s Tech Valley.
To the North: the largest state park in the nation: The Adirondacks: world renowned for hiking, skiing, camping, boating, and countless scenic vistas
To the East: Vermont and the beautiful Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts
To the South: the historic and amazing Catskill Mountains and Hudson Valley, home to excellent skiing, camping, great fly-fishing, and hiking locations
To the West, the beautiful Mohawk Valley & Central Leatherstocking Regions, home to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown
Albany is centrally located: New York City: 2.5 hrs. Boston: 3 hrs. Montreal: 3.5 hrs.
Albany is easily accessed via the NYS Thruway, Albany International Airport, and Amtrak