We have an exceptional opportunity for a Primary Care Physician to join VA Northern Indiana Health Care System (VANIHCS).
Permanent, Temporary, Full-time, Part-time and/or Intermittent schedules may be available
The Physician is located within Primary Care Service in support of COVID-19 operations and may be permanently or temporarily appointed on an intermittent, part-time or full-time schedule. The physician has responsibilities for the evaluation, care, and disposition of patients, ordering appropriate diagnostic tests, determining needs for hospitalization or transferring the patient to another facility. Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing direct hands-on patient care;
- Assessing patients for acute illnesses and determine whether patients need to be admitted to the hospital or managed in the outpatient setting;
- Managing chronic diseases;
- Providing clinical guidance over the phone, by Secure Messaging and through mail;
- Ensuring accurate documentation of medical assessments and observations;
- Managing emergencies and writing admission orders and completing required paperwork;
- Managing transfers into and out of the facility; and
- Coordinating hand-off communication.
Pay Schedule: The salary range listed in this announcement is a Base-Line Salary range ($180,000 - $243,000) estimate for a full-time work schedule. Starting salary will be set based on locality (which may include a special pay rate depending upon location), as well as FT, PT or Intermittent employment.
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive: Certain locations are deemed as 'Hard to Fill' and 'may' offer Recruitment Incentives, but such an Incentive is not guaranteed.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) expenses: Not Available
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases.
Paid Time Off: 26 days paid annual leave (carryover up to 86 days), 13 days paid annual sick leave (unlimited carryover), 10 paid Federal holidays per year.
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years' vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA.
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement).
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory and you can practice anywhere in VHA.
CME: Possible $1,000 per year stipend + possible 1 week paid authorized absence to attend.
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided.
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting and no restrictive covenants.