An outpatient care facility that is located 1-hour from Boston, Massachusetts is seeking a full-time, permanent, Family Medicine Physician (MD/DO) to join their facility. Great benefits. $10,000 sign on bonus and up to $5,000 in relocation assistance offered.
Essential Duties Major responsibilities:
- Provides primary care services to individuals and families across the lifespan.
- Practices within the collaborative model with nurse practitioners and clinical psychologists.
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment for a specified patient population.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- WRVU bonuses.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care.
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients on correct usage.
- Participate in On-Call coverage as needed.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Knowledge of community medical diagnostic and patient care services in the area of medical expertise.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods, and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment in the area of expertise.
- Ability to supervise, advise, and train clinical professionals and/or students in areas of expertise.
- Managing patient care is a team effort that involves clinical and non-clinical staff interacting with patients
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the health centers mission statement.
- Medical Degree (MD or DO)
- Board certification/eligibility in Family Medicine and/or Internal Medicine.
- Current licensure by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine
- Current DBA and Massachusetts Controlled Substance licensure for prescriptive authority
- Eligible for unrestricted health center at facilities utilized by the health center
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be familiar with NextGen EMR.
The Surrounding Community:
- Smaller city setting. Town that is not too big or too small.
- Near many beautiful State Parks that offer hiking, fishing, kayaking, and similar recreational activities!
- Great place to raise a family, with wonderful school system.
- Lower cost of living compared to Boston, MA
- Board Certification/Board Eligiblity
- Mass Control