We are looking for a Family Practice Physician to provide healthcare services to the New Bedford/Wareham community at our growing out-patient community health center. Join an excellent staff of professionals at our clinic and enjoy a peaceful and beautiful community close to Boston and other attractions! This position offers a great compensation package including salary, benefits and loan repayment.
- Attends to all health considerations ranging from good health maintenance, preventive immunization practices, to management of complex medical illnesses within the broad scope of the practice of internal medicine.
- Maintains thorough and accurate medical records which are timely and legible. Promptly responds to all inquiries and documentation of medical services provided, with primary concern for confidentiality of medical information.
- Responsible for conducting physical assessments and screenings to include various diagnostic testing as needed. Responsible for interpreting the results and communicating the information to the patient and/or designated family member.
- Responsible for prescribing/performing various treatment modalities - including, but not limited to: medications, injections, wellness counseling, and ancillary testing.
- Responsible for development, implementation and evaluation of treatment plans.
- Consults and collaborates with a variety of health care professionals and make referrals as necessary.
- Monitors and ensures patient satisfaction by seeking input from the patient satisfaction surveys performed at the Health Center.
- Arranges for and participates in on-call coverage for Health Center patients by assuring that 24 hour/7 days per week coverage is maintained. Makes the necessary arrangements with other members of the adult medicine team if unable to provide coverage for a scheduled period. Changes are subject to approval by the Chief Medical Officer.
- Performs surgical procedures as defined in the delineation of privileges.
- May provide initial interpretation of X-rays which are officially studied and reported by a consulting Radiologist. Interprets laboratory reports and electrocardiograms within the scope of medical practice.
- Actively participates in various committee assignments programmed at the Health Center. Attends a variety of meetings, discussions, conferences, seminars, and workshops, both within and outside the organization as applicable recording the minimal number of credits required by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine. In addition, fulfills other requirements for maintaining a license to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Incumbent will become familiar and comply with the policies and procedures of the Health Center.
- Admit and maintains care for Health Center patients when they are hospitalized. Maintain active staff privileges at the local hospital and other facilities as required by the Health Center.
- Performs other duties, as assigned by the Chief Medical Officer.
- Medical Degree and current Massachusetts license to practice medicine.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible
- Maintain CPR certification.
- Commitment and interest in working with a multi-cultural population, some of whom are impoverished.
- Competitive Salary
- Great Insurance Package
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Loan Repayment
- CME Expenses
- Retirement Matching