The top Community Health Center in New England is seeking a family physician or internist to join an established and growing integrated family medicine practice in Bangor, Maine. The practice offers a full range of services including primary care, walk-in care, x-ray, mental health, recovery treatment and much more. Join one of the most innovative, forward-looking FQHCs in the country and help us fulfill our mission of providing comprehensive, high-quality care to all.
Highlights of the Position
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week opportunity, with 34 patient contact hours, generally scheduled Monday – Friday
- Very limited call, with telephone support, shared with all other primary care providers in the organization – about one week per year
- Provide diverse and comprehensive primary outpatient care, integrated preventative care and educational components of care
- Help ensure continuity of care over the long term with strong relationship building
- Opportunity to work with medical and health professions students – PCHC is a learning center
- Enjoy superb interdisciplinary support and feedback from care teams including advanced practice providers, physicians, psychologists, psychotherapists, licensed clinical social workers, speech and hearing professionals, and more
- Also embedded on site:
- Separately staffed Walk-in-Care service compliments Family Medicine and enhances patient experience and access. Common procedures include suturing, incision and drainage of abscesses, removal of soft tissue foreign bodies, closed reduction of simple fractures and dislocations, splinting
- Primary care pharmacy
- Experience preferred, new graduates welcome to inquire
- Nationally recognized Federally Qualified Health Center offering an integrated Medical Home Model
- Highly inventive, creative, and dynamic programs and care models
- Engaged, supportive patient population
- Collegial professional atmosphere with informed leadership
- Flexible schedules supportive of work/life balance
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits
- Medical student loan repayment & relocation assistance
This is the place for you: A non-profit FQHC governed by a board of community volunteers and comprised of more than sixteen practices and program service sites in Central Maine. PCHC is recognized as a leading primary health care provider and teaching center – offering family nurse practitioner and pharmacy residency programs alongside our integrated primary health services. PCHC cares for the WHOLE person, offering a broad range of services, including Psychiatry & Mental Health, Dental, Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Pharmacy, Geriatrics, Lab & X-Ray, Physical Therapy and Podiatry all within one organization.
Bangor/Brewer, Maine Metro: a historic, riverside area just an hour from Maine’s gorgeous Acadia National Park and Maine’s storied mid-coast region. Enjoy the amenities of a good-sized metro without the hassle – and be inspired by all of Maine’s natural beauty and resources at your doorstep! Bangor is Maine’s third largest city, with its own international airport. Brewer is just across the Penobscot River, a premier bass fishing river. It’s a short drive to Boston (3 hrs.) and Portland’s quaint Old Port (2 hrs.). Limitless 4-season outdoor recreational opportunities, a wide variety of arts, cultural and entertainment venues coupled with great family-centered neighborhoods and excellent public and private educational opportunities make this area highly desirable for professional families.
Our mission is front-and-center in everything we do; PCHC’s highly trained and dedicated teams of health professionals reflect that mission. You will be working with motivated, caring individuals with a passion for working with the most vulnerable in our communities – providing the highest level of patient-centered care regardless of life circumstance!
Please call or email Chris Hardaway at Adaptive Medical Partners, [Register to View] and reference FP 8133. Office line [Register to View]