**Family Medicine Opportunities in Northwest Indiana**
Lake Station: 38 miles from Downtown Chicago
Chesterton: 42 miles from Downtown Chicago
- Full-time, permanent
- 2 Openings
- 100% Outpatient
- Non-profit organization dedicated to providing quality, affordable healthcare to the uninsured and underinsured in Porter and Lake Counties. The health system currently has five locations providing medical care. Patients are seen on both a scheduled and walk-in basis. After-hours services are also available through Urgent Care at three office locations, the Scottsdale, Lake Station and Merrillville offices. We offer Optometry services at our Lake Station medical location.
- The health system has four dental offices, one located in Portage, one in Lake Station, one in Merrillville and one in Hammond which provide preventative as well as corrective dental care to the communities we serve.
- Facilities employ general practitioners, obstetricians, midwives, pediatricians, nurse practitioners, prenatal care coordinators, and community outreach workers. Behavioral Health Consultants work with our Primary Care Providers to ensure that emotional and behavioral issues are addressed as well as the physical. We address our patient's entire health and well-being.
- Other Services: Digital x-ray, ultrasound, bone density scan, mammography, and laboratory services are also present on-site, and a fully functional pharmacy is available at the Lake Station Center and Scottsdale Center under the direction of pharmacists employed by the health system.
- Specialties Offered: Family Practice / Primary Medical Care, Pediatrics, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Behavioral Health, Radiology, Optometry, and Urgent Care
Northwest Indiana is a wonderful place to live and work. Known as Indiana's coast, it is rimmed with sandy beaches, the crystal blue waters of Lake Michigan, and majestic windswept dunes. Its many communities are unique and offer excellent schools, from pre-school through advanced degree programs. With splendid local restaurants and bustling cultural and recreational activities, there is always something to see and do. Plus, you are within and easy drive or train ride to downtown Chicago and all of its cultural, sporting, retail, historic, educational, and entertainment venues. Here is your opportunity to work in a dynamic and friendly organization and live where you can really, well, live!