**Geriatrics Opportunity: Morgantown, WV**
~ Located 1Hr to Pittsburgh
**Medical Group Medicine seeking Geriatrician qualified for appointment at the Assistant Professor or Associate Professor rank to join the Section of Geriatrics, Palliative Medicine and Hospice*
- Full-time, Permanent
- The Section of Geriatrics, Palliative Medicine and Hospice has the main mission to advance health care and quality of life for older people and those with serious illnesses.
- Geriatric team works closely with our patient's primary care physicians and with other specialists including cardiology, oncology, neurology and pulmonary.
- Faculty provide specialized geriatric consultation for frail, older adults with complex, life-threatening, or chronic conditions including dementia and delirium.
- Palliative Medicine and Hospice team provides patient and family centered care that offers quality of life for patients with life limiting illnesses by anticipating, preventing, and treating suffering.
- Inpatient and outpatient services are provided, including local nursing homes.
- In addition to providing excellent patient care, the successful candidate will be actively involved in the teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows.
- Applicants must have an MD or DO degree or foreign equivalent and be eligible to obtain an unrestricted West Virginia medical license.
- Candidates must have completed residency in internal medicine or family medicine and fellowship in geriatric medicine and/or palliative care and hospice by the time of appointment.
- Candidates for Assistant Professor rank must be board eligible in geriatric medicine and/or palliative care and hospice.
- Candidates for Associate rank must be board certified in geriatric medicine or palliative care and hospice.
- Candidates for Associate Professor rank must also have an outstanding record of teaching, research and service.
**About the Group**
- One of the country's premier cancer treatment centers.
- Multidisciplinary medical teams use the latest cancer therapies, sophisticated technologies, and patient driven research to deliver the best possible treatment in state-of-the-art facilities operated.
- We offer treatment to those in West Virginia as well as patients from five border states.
- We have a very active clinical trial program, pharmaceutical studies, and emerging statewide Clinical Trials Network.
- In addition, Institute has recently added several regional cancer treatment sites with continued planning efforts to add additional sites in the next 1-2 years.
**About the Facility**
- Health System is comprised of eleven member hospitals and five hospitals under management agreements, anchored by its flagship hospital, a 700+ bed academic medical center that offers tertiary and quaternary care.
- Health Group has more than 1,000 active medical staff members and 18,000 employees who serve hundreds of thousands of people each year from across the state of West Virginia and the nation.
- Morgantown, West Virginia is located just over an hour south of Pittsburgh, PA and three hours from Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, MD.
- Morgantown is consistently rated as one of the best small metropolitan areas in the country for both lifestyle and business climate.
- The area offers the cultural diversity and amenities of a large city in a safe, family-friendly environment.
- There is also an excellent school system and an abundance of beautiful homes and recreational activities