Cano Health is a rapidly growing operator of healthcare centers specializing in Senior Care and Primary Care for all ages. We are a vibrant company culture founded on the pillars of family, wellness, and service; operating in Florida, Texas, Nevada and Puerto Rico. As the organization continues to grow, it will be important to retain the best of the company’s entrepreneurial culture and combine it with an awareness of the operational rigor needed in a more distributed, complex healthcare environment. Be part of a diverse team of talented professionals, united in their vision of achievement and professional growth that makes Cano Health the nation’s leading health care services provider.
At Cano Health we are working to be the most patient-centric company in the industry. To get there, we are currently looking for a physician who will provide health care for individuals in the Clinic commensurate with training and in accordance with the general policies and standards of practice, as established by the clinic. Delivers care appropriate for center with a multicultural patient population. Elicits detailed patient histories and conducts complete physician examinations. Reaches diagnosis and orders appropriate laboratory tests and referrals, etc., as well as counsels patient and family on health and disease.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The Physician reports directly to our Medical Director and are primarily responsible for the provision of high-quality medical care to our patients.
- Provide all physician care generally provided at a family practice or managed care facility.
- Actively manage all aspects of patient care while on shift. Supervise and direct the center’s other clinical staff (Medical Assistants, X-Ray Technicians, etc.).
- Collect biological specimens and process them in the laboratory for testing.
- Ensure that all charts and medical records are accurately completed in a timely manner; and adhere to all clinical policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the delivery of care, treatment, and referrals.
- Arrange for referral resources for those medical specialties not provided at the urgent care center.
- Evaluate patients, based on medical training and/or specialty, to determine the medical condition of the patient, through the performance of physical examinations, thereby, establishing a diagnosis and proposed treatment plan.
- Maintain high standard of medical practice and participate in the training development of the medical team.
- Assist in medical education of both the patients and clinic staff.
- Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings; refer and transfer patients for follow-up and/or specialty care and discharge patients.
- As a member of the health care team, exemplify an example in attitude toward patients and staff, thereby, performing duties with respect, dignity, privacy, and modesty to the patients.
- Participate in the development of clinic protocols and formulary.
- Make recommendations, suggestions, etc., on chart information forms.
- Document each on site/in office procedure, prescription, consultation and patient contact in patient's chart and on the clinic's encounter forms, within a 24-hour period.
- Counsel patient regarding medical and other problems which might affect patient's health and well-being.
- Perform such clinical procedures for patient's benefit which are within scope and skill of practitioner and which are economically feasible.
- Provide direction and leadership to the clinic's medical support staff, regarding the administering of a patient's care.
- Provide supervision in case assignment to nurse practitioner/physician assistant, including sign off on charts, where applicable.
- Perform other job-related duties, as may be assigned, by the Chief Medical Officer.
Education & Experience
- Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) and valid unencumbered license to practice the profession
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Current active Federal and State DEA License