St. Tammany Parish Hospital is a full-service acute care facility committed to providing world-class healthcare while using the latest technology. We are the second-largest employer in the parish and have been delivering quality healthcare since 1954. St. Tammany Parish Hospital partnered with Ochsner Health System in 2014 and together we are focused on increasing local access to care, improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare for area patients. At St. Tammany Parish Hospital, delivering world-class healthcare close to home is our goal. That means we are committed to attracting and retaining the very best professionals for every position in our hospital system.
We believe the pristine beauty of St. Tammany Parish adds to our attractive compensation package. The hospital is nestled in the heart of Covington on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain. It is a peaceful, scenic, community-oriented area with an abundance of amenities to suit every taste.
Families appreciate the strength of the St. Tammany Parish School System, which ranks as Louisiana’s finest and hosts a number of federally recognized Presidential Blue Ribbon schools. This success is marked by students’ consistently high scores on national standardized tests. The Northshore offers the best of both worlds – the comfort of country living with the diversities and attractions of New Orleans and Baton Rouge, only a lake away.
Emergency Department Statistics:
- Level III Trauma Center
- Approximately 42000 visits per year
- Excellent APP support
- Full-complement of specialty back up
- EPIC electronic healthcare record
- 50 hours of physician coverage (10-hour shifts)
- 30-36 hours of mid-level provider coverage per day
- Both full-time and part-time candidates may apply
- Excellent hourly compensation
- Democratic group
- Paid medical malpractice insurance
- BC/BE Emergency Medicine Physicians may apply
- Active and unrestricted DEA and state narcotics license
Please, No Agency Solicitation