Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Roanoke Chowan Hospital located in Ahoskie, NC are seeking a BE/BC Emergency Medicine physician or a Family/Internal Medicine physician with Emergency Medicine experience. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Privileges of Vidant Roanoke Chowan Hospital, a 114-bed community hospital
- Well established healthcare system
- Ability to live in close proximity to the Tidewater, Virginia area
- Family friendly community with an affordable cost of living
- 15-bed Emergency Department with strong Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant support
- 24-hour hospitalist and radiology coverage
- Twelve 12-hour shifts per month
- Strong air and ground support to immediately transfer patients
- Full scope of services provided at hospital including General Surgery, OBGYN, Orthopedics, Primary Care, Oncology, Behavioral Health, Neurology, Cardiology, Pain Management, Endocrinology, and Urology
- Excellent compensation and benefits package
- Relocation assistance
Vidant Medical Group
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs more than 550 providers in more than 100 locations, offering primary and specialty care. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Vidant Roanoke-Chowan Hospital
Vidant Roanoke-Chowan Hospital is a 114-bed community hospital located in Ahoskie. Serving four nearby counties, the hospital’s 15-bed emergency department serves approximately 21,000 patients per year. This modern facility provides a wide range of health services, including medical, surgical and radiation oncology. In addition, Vidant Roanoke-Chowan’s Wound Healing and Pain Management centers serve as referral centers for neighboring Vidant hospitals and providers.
Ahoskie affords residents the comforts of small town living within close proximity to the beautiful waterways of North Carolina and Virginia. Friendly neighborhoods conveniently located near the hospital, vast country acreage, and waterfront home sites are just a few of the things that make Ahoskie unique.
- A desirable climate with mild winters and four distinct seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Outstanding recreation including golf courses, community theater, water sports, hunting, camping, fishing, community and state parks
- Close proximity to North Carolina and Virginia beaches
- Affordable cost of living
- General aviation airport nearby; one hour to major airports in Norfolk and Greenville
- Vidant Wellness Center – Ahoskie, a 21,000-foot facility which includes a lap pool, an exercise studio and the latest in cardiovascular and strength training equipment
- Recreation Center which includes little league baseball, lighted athletic fields and picnic area