An excellent non-invasive Cardiologist opportunity exists with the Westmed Medical Group - a large, progressive, and financially thriving, physician-owned, multi-specialty practice. Within commuting distance from NYC, CT, and NJ, we offer an excellent, competitive compensation and benefits package.
We are actively seeking BC/BE Cardiologist to join tour growing practice of 8 cardiologists and 2 nurse practitioners. We are an expanding, with over 400 physicians and a large referral base from primary care and specialty colleagues.
Board certification in echocardiography/TEE and nuclear imaging required, and cardiac CT optional. We offer office-based diagnostics including echo, stress echo, nuclear stress, calcium scoring, and Holter/event monitoring.
Responsibilities also include inpatient consultation, hospital-based imaging duties, and equally shared call (currently 1:8 nights/weekends).
Physician will be responsible for providing complete, comprehensive clinical care for all patients. Physician provides clinical care services including, but not limited to, diagnosis, treatment, and coordination of care, preventative and health care maintenance to patients. Physician works collaboratively with all providers as a multi-disciplinary team to provide comprehensive, compassionate health care to all patients.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Obtain medical, social and developmental history of patient.
- Perform physical exams and immunizations on all patients.
- Diagnose and develop treatment plans with the patient. Management of all acute and chronic illnesses.
- Provide health education and counseling and establish preventive health practices.
- Prescribes and administers medications or delegates immunization duties to the clinical support staff as allowed by federal, state and professional guidelines.
- Initiate laboratory, radiology, and pathology exams and specialty consults as necessary.
- Review and follow up on incoming reports in a timely manner.
- Exercise judgment in establishing priorities of medical care and consult with and refer to appropriate specialist in regards to high risk or complex patients.
- Implement clinical policies with department manager, Clinical Director, Department Chair, Medical Director, and other providers to continuously provide comprehensive state of the art medical care.
- Responsible for supervision of assigned or other advance practice providers (physician assistants and nurse practitioners) at the clinical site as applicable.
- Assist with training, orientation and clinical support for new providers, advance practice providers, and clinical support staff.
- Fosters a professional, collaborative work environment with all team members and colleagues.
- Maintain current New York or Connecticut Licensure and all licenses necessary to provide care in the medical practice.
- Management of services in accordance with established organization policies and procedures and other medical programs and guidelines.
- Participation in Quality Improvement (CQI) program and clinical projects for practice improvement when requested.
- Provide case management with other health care team members.
- Medical Degree
- Active Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy (M.D. or D.O.) license in the state of New York or Connecticut as required
- Board Certification
- Active DEA license
- BLS and ACLS certification
- Ability to work collaboratively within a clinical team
- Demonstrated professional competence and integrity and ethical conduct of practice
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and effective conflict resolution skills
- Patient focused and committed to providing outstanding and compassionate care and service to all patients
- Demonstrated commitment to WMG mission, vision and values
- Strong computer skills and EMR knowledge