The physicians of Southern Oregon Cardiology (SOC) seek a well-trained, board eligible general or invasive cardiologist. SOC is a well-respected and well-trained cardiology group recognized for excellence in patient care for more than 40 years. We have 20 cardiologists with 12 general/invasive cardiologists, 5 interventional cardiologists, and 3 electrophysiologists. We serve 9 counties in Southern Oregon and Northern California. We have an award-winning partnership with Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, where you will spend 95% of your time. We also have clinics in Grants Pass and at the Oregon coast in Brookings.
- We have a busy Cardiology practice with patients needing to be seen. You will have a positive impact right away. We are the dominant provider in Southern Oregon because of the value we provide to the community.
- General and invasive cardiologists can utilize their entire skill set. You will care for patients in clinic and the hospital, serve as the primary cardiologist on-call, read echocardiograms, stress tests, and cardiac CT tests (if you like), perform trans-esophageal echocardiograms, and perform cardiac catheterization procedures if you wish. If you are passionate about cardiac MRI, cardio-oncology, pulmonary hypertension, sports cardiology, etc., you will have the opportunity to focus on these or other interests as well.
- Our STEMI program covers 5,000 square miles, and we cared for approximately 200 patients last year. We also perform TAVR (140 patients last year), percutaneous mitral interventions, and the full spectrum of EP procedures including VT ablation and Watchman implantation.
- We have very good relations with the cardio thoracic surgeons which performed over 550 open-heart surgeries last year.
- Autonomy: We value that each cardiologist is able to determine their own clinic schedule, make call swaps, and choose when we go on vacation. It has allowed cardiologists to serve as a robotics coach for their child’s high school team or a soccer coach for their kid’s elementary school team, or to pursue other interests.
- Mentorship: An experienced cardiologist is always available to discuss challenging patients. You can count on having experienced support. Our cardiologists are passionate about their work and each strengthens the integrity, collegiality and quality of our practice.
- We have three cardiologists on the six-member Cardiovascular Service Line Management Committee. We have very good relations with the Asante Health Care System which has been recognized by IBM Watson as a top 15 health care system for the past 10 years. IBM Watson has also recognized Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center as a top 100 hospital for 8 years in a row and a top 50 Cardiovascular Program for the past 3 years.
- We are co-owners of the Cardiovascular Institute with Oregon Surgical Specialists and the Asante Health Care System.
- We have a multidisciplinary Cardiology Conference every Wednesday morning to discuss challenging cases, give presentations on a topic of interest, and host guest speakers.
Benefits: Salary is guaranteed for the first year. Signing bonus, relocation assistance, four weeks of vacation, one week of CME, and health, dental, vision, and retirement benefits are provided. Call duties are equally shared with the other cardiologists. There is a one-year track to partnership.
Living: The lifestyle possibilities in Southern Oregon are vast and incredible. The Rogue Valley is in southern Oregon and is located between Oregon’s Willamette Valley and California’s Central Valley. Medford is the business, medical, and financial hub for the region (600,000 people) and is located on the I-5 corridor. Ashland and Jacksonville are nearby and have the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, the Britt Music Festival, and Southern Oregon University. Crater Lake National Park is 90 minutes to the north, the Redwood Forest and Oregon coast are a 2-hour drive to the west, and Mount Shasta and the Mount Ashland Ski Resort are 45 minutes to the south. There are six wild rivers known for fishing and whitewater rafting. Great college preparatory schools near the clinic and the Rogue Valley public school system is also great. You will align with other outdoorsy, down-to-Earth people - who truly love where they work and live.
Vision: Love is at the heart of the practice: care for each other, our staff, our patients, and the communities we serve. Excellence is our hallmark. We distinguish ourselves through positive patient outcomes and experiences, comprehensive care, academic rigor, disciplined use of data analytics and leading by example. We are the gold standard for cardiology care in the Pacific Northwest. Our cardiologists are passionate about their work and each strengthens the integrity, collegiality and quality of our practice. We have a mutually beneficial relationship with Asante Health System in which we remain self-managed and work toward improving the value, ranking, and regional profile of Asante.
Mission: Southern Oregon Cardiology is a comprehensive practice comprised of highly trained, motivated, and compassionate physicians and clinical staff. We are committed to providing the highest quality care to the Southern Oregon community through thoughtful patient evaluation, state-of-the-art testing, and contemporary treatment strategies.
What makes RURAL special?
Strong community connection
Lower cost of living Lower cost of living
Abundant recreational opportunities
Low crime rates
Wide open spaces
No commuter traffic
Close to nature
Fresh farm to table food
Larger lot sizes & living spaces
Peace & quiet
Smaller classroom sizes
Watch the attached video made by our Asante marketing partners to learn more about living in Southern Oregon: https://asante.wistia.com/medias/il7pehvv8f