The Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Medicine at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) in coastal Charleston, SC is seeking a Regional Anesthesiologists to join our cohesive, highly functioning group. The position is a full-time, academic, multi-disciplinary team-based practice including resident and fellow clinical and didactic education.
- BC/BE in Anesthesiology
- Fellowship trained in Regional Anesthesia
- Additional advanced training or experience beyond fellowship is welcome but not required
- Eligible for South Carolina licensure
- Research experience and interests are preferred but not required
What we offer:
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent retirement options including a pension and up to $48,000 of optional tax deferred contributions
- Sovereign immunity, occurrence-based malpractice coverage provided by employer
- 22 days of annual leave, 15 days of sick leave, and 13 paid holidays
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program Qualified Employer
MUSC is the #1 Hospital in the State- Seven Years in a Row (US News and World Report)
As the clinical health system of the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), MUSC Health is dedicated to delivering the highest quality patient care available, while training generations of competent, compassionate health care providers to serve the people of South Carolina and beyond. Comprising some 1,600 beds, more than 100 outreach sites, the MUSC College of Medicine, the physicians’ practice plan, and nearly 300 telehealth locations, MUSC Health owns and operates 14 hospitals situated in Charleston, Chester, Florence, Lancaster, Marion, Columbia, and Kershaw. In 2021, for the seventh consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report named MUSC Health the #1 hospital in South Carolina.
Founded in 1824, MUSC and its affiliates have collective annual budgets of $3 billion. The more than 17,000 MUSC team members include world-class faculty, physicians, specialty providers and scientists who deliver groundbreaking education, research, technology and patient care.
Charleston, SC is the #1 City in the World (Travel + Leisure Magazine)
It's a place where cobblestone streets weave between confection-colored antebellum mansions, and church steeples - not skyscrapers - dot the skyline. A place where 90 miles of pristine coastline and world-class shopping and dining entice more than four million visitors each year. The region, which covers more than 3,100 square miles, combines a thriving economy, rich history and breathtaking environment to offer an outstanding business climate and quality of life that is second to none.
Charleston is a destination you can truly call, "Home."