This job is archived
The Physician will provide outpatient physician services to eligible members of the Military Treatment Facility within the Aerospace Medicine Squadron, 35th Medical Group (MDG), Misawa Air Base, Japan.
Patient Care. The general scope of work under this contract includes performing services in the following patient care areas:
Flight and Operational Medicine Clinic (FOMC) Base Operational Medicine Clinic (BOMC)
Documentation. The provider shall prepare all medical documentation to meet or exceed the standards required under AFI 46-101 Nursing Services and Operations, standards of the MTF, applicable Air Force Instructions and the Joint Commission guidelines. Only approved abbreviations shall be used for documentation of care in the health care record. The Department of Defense’s electronic medical record systems, to include AHLTA, shall be used for all patient encounters.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in an outpatient clinical setting within the last five (5) years.
- Graduate of a Master’s level degree program recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Maintenance of Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is mandatory. Recertification will be provided by the MTF at no cost to the contractor. Completion of accredited program leading to the award of Physician, Nurse Practitioner (NP), or Physician Assistant (PA).
- Possess and maintain an active (characterized by present activity, participation, practice, or use); current (not revoked, suspended, or lapsed); valid (the issuing authority accepts and considers professional performance and conduct in determining continued licensure); and unrestricted (not subject to state imposed stipulations or restriction pertaining to the scope, location, or type of practice ordinarily granted to all other applicants for similar licensure in the granting jurisdiction) license from a U.S. jurisdiction as a licensed Physician, Nurse Practitioner (NP), or Physician Assistant (PA).. All licenses must be unencumbered and remain in effect during contract employment. The contractor must be in good standing, and under no restrictions, with the state licensure board in any state in which a license is held or has been held within the last 10 years.
- Additional Requirement for applicants who are not a U.S. national. Non-US citizen applicants and their non-US citizen employees are required to have a valid Japanese working VISA prior to the first day of this contract. The applicant is responsible for obtaining any required Japanese working VISAs.
HOURS OF OPERATION. The available duty days and hours for this position to complete 40 hours per week of work will be Monday-Friday, 0730-1630