About the Opportunity
Kaweah Delta is the largest hospital in Tulare and Kings Counties and the only hospital in Visalia. We have a heavy responsibility to provide the people of our community with efficient, quality healthcare in their local area.
- APPs and Hospitalists on staff
- Full-time, 7 on, 7 off or flexible schedule. Part-time shifts optional (See compensation below)
- Round on trauma, neuro and cardiac patients in the medical center
- Optional outpatient Pulmonary and Sleep also available
- Patient census around 8-15 depending on acuity levels
- Residency program involvement in Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Transitional Year, General Surgery, and Anesthesia
- ED expansion in progress – 40 beds to 74 beds
- Opening new 24-bed step down unit in Fall 2019
- 600,000+ diverse population, 581-licensed beds, Level III Trauma Center, 100K+ annual ED visits per year
- Independent Contractor 1099 – Maximize income potential
- Compensation – Day Rate: $2,500 - $2,600/shift. Night Differential: $2,800/shift
- To receive $2,600/shift, you must be willing to work at least 7 shifts/month, provide schedule 3 months in advance, and flexibility to work nights, weekends, and at least one holiday
- Signing bonus & relocation assistance available
Visalia is located in the heart of the Central Valley and is referred to as the Gateway to the Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Conveniently located between San Francisco and Los Angeles, Visalia is known for its rich agriculture, delicious dining, and its warm and welcoming small town charm. Visalia offers the unique combination of affordable housing, easy commute to work, a family friendly community and economic opportunity.
There is an average of 275 sunny days per year in Visalia! In the summer, temperatures range from the upper 90's during the daytime and drop to the low 80's in the evening. Our winter climate is mild. The average temperature in the early mornings and evenings is in the low 40's and during the daytime in the upper 50's.
In addition to our central location and California weather, there is also a wide-array of activities locally that you'll have easy access to enjoy. There are several lakes, two major rivers and reservoirs for fishing and boating. Three major ski resorts also are nearby, offering some of California's best downhill and cross-country skiing.