Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in Springfield, Illinois is seeking a fellowship trained Urologic Oncologist to join a well-established academic Urology program. Based upon experience, the incumbent will assume a Director of Urologic Oncology role. This is an exciting opportunity to join a department with full support of two private teaching hospitals. Currently, the department is made up of six full time faculty physicians, one physician assistant, and three nurse practitioners, as well as two adjunct faculty.
The Department of Surgery and Division of Urology is committed to the mission of the School of Medicine to assist the people of central and southern Illinois in meeting their health care needs through education, patient care, research, and service to the community. Founded in 1970, SIU has received national and international recognition for innovation in medical education and offers a welcoming environment for dedicated clinicians who love to teach. The School of Medicine has a teaching affiliation with Memorial Health System (MHS) and Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS). Memorial Medical Center in Springfield is one of seven affiliated hospitals of MHS. Memorial Medical Center (500 licensed beds) opened the new Memorial Center for Learning and Innovation in May 2015, expanding SIU’s vision to be a national leader for excellence in healthcare learning and innovation through skills training and simulation labs. St. John’s Hospital is one of fourteen hospitals in the HSHS system with one of the most advanced surgery centers in the nation. SIU School of Medicine and affiliated hospitals have a catchment area of 2,000,000+ and considered a hub for quality healthcare within the region.
• Hit the ground running with 100% of the prostate and bladder Urologic Oncology practice while contributing to all oncologic disease.
• Significant research opportunities exist.
• Two private hospitals contribute to the mission of the program.
• Access to five DiVinci robots (three Xi’s) and up to four days in the operating room.
• Collaborate with faculty nationally recognized for innovative medical education, cutting-edge research and quality healthcare.
• Supervise and oversee educational programs for medical students and residents in an award-winning educational culture.
• Very minimal call schedule, with residents being first call.
• A competitive salary, excellent benefits package, and University funded malpractice plan.
• Springfield offers family-oriented communities, excellent schools, and affordable housing with a low cost but high level of living. Plentiful, year-round recreational activities.
• Easy access to metropolitan amenities in Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis.
Qualifications: Must be board certified or board eligible in Urology. Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice medicine in the state of Illinois. Completion of Urologic Oncology Fellowship desired.
For full consideration: A letter of interest and curriculum vitae should be directed to the executive search firm:
Senior Search Consultant
Jordan Search Consultants
Direct: [Register to View]
Corporate Office: [Register to View]
[Register to View]
O Fallon, Missouri, United States
Jordan Search Consultants is a St. Louis-based healthcare, executive, and higher education search firm serving clients nationwide. Our executive search specialists and healthcare recruitment experts have almost a century of combined experience in the industry. We partner with client organizations throughout the U.S. to provide the best recruitment services to both clients and candidates by buildin...